Benelli M4 -- ARGO Plugs

StrangerDanger

As for the magazine cap detent removal looks pretty easy.......re-installation is probably a 5 second factory step...with the correct tools and parts. The assembly appears to be housed in a malleable sleeve, which is swaged into the cylindrical hole in the barrel ring; after removal, one could probably fabricate a aluminum / brass / steel tubed sleeve to fit over the assembly and tap in back in place.......the proverbial easier said than done !

Screenshot2013-04-09at80740PM_zps46e4204e.jpg

Screenshot2013-04-09at80723PM_zps02673f00.jpg

Edited by benelliwerkes

Thanks for taking the time to put these together.

My M4's barrel is gone at the moment, so I can't inspect mine. Looking at some blown up parts diagrams, and this Brownells image for this particular detent, it is hard to determine if that is in fact a sleeve or if they've just swagged the metal around the hole. If it is a sleeve, it isn't a part that is sourced.

l_301000423_1.jpg

Ditto that.

They could (hopefully) write the BENELLI M4 how-to-do-it-yourself manual.

I'd buy it. It would be easier than searching for it here.

PM Benelliwerkes about his 'Anatomy' manual, I'm not sure if he still sells it, but it is an excellent resource and the source of of many of the pics and info he posts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...