Qu'est-ce que c'est, SIX position stock?

Tango two

I think I wrote to this guy a few days ago giving them a friendly heads up on 922® compliance. The email was ignored.

"This is almost the same as a 11707, but has the added features available to Law Enforcement ONLY. Civilians can own this gun legally. We called the ATF and OK'd this with them."

Why bother paying attention to your note when they got the OK from ATF.

Let's ask the seller which added features are LE ONLY.

Very serious question .... what is the legal status for having the OEM CS on our M4's (not full length mag)?

That answer is state law dependent. For most non-commie states, it is perfectly legal - the same as a 6 position stock on a AR-15 or an Archangel stock on a 10/22.

As far as 922r is concerned, an M4 with a OEM C-Stock (but not a 7 round mag tube) must have 3 US made 922r compliance parts installed to be 922r compliant.

That answer is state law dependent. For most non-commie states, it is perfectly legal - the same as a 6 position stock on a AR-15 or an Archangel stock on a 10/22.

As far as 922r is concerned, an M4 with a OEM C-Stock (but not a 7 round mag tube) must have 3 US made 922r compliance parts installed to be 922r compliant.

Thanks for the info ... I better get a few more US parts.

If imported as 'intended for LE/MIL use only', then why the need for the mag extension rather than simply having an OEM FL mag tube??

And *in theory* I can *possibly* see if a LE agency purchased them initially with any such item having been imported 'LE/MIL use only' and then released how any such item could be deemed exempt - much like a LE agency selling off any used M4 as surplus (and therefore exempt from 922r).

Reading the 922r FAQ on the FFT page, they only talk about needing to be 922r compliant if you want to add the 7 round mag tube, nothing about a CS stock.... what am I missing?

All speculation aside, I think it is clear from them stating that this is a "Law Enforcement Edition" M4 as well as saying it has a 6 position stock - nevermind all the "ATF" B.S. - that the seller is either selling a bill of goods or is just completely ignorant about the platform.

Reading the 922r FAQ on the FFT page, they only talk about needing to be 922r compliant if you want to add the 7 round mag tube, nothing about a CS stock.... what am I missing?

A total of 10 "imported" parts from the list of evil parts... the C-stock is one, the pistol grip is a second. That would bump the M4 to 11 parts...

Edited by RoadDad

Basically, the difference is that the civilian marketed (as imported) M4 is / was only available with the fixed, pistol-grip stock. When you replace it with the c-stock, the pistol grip is a separate piece (not integeral with the butt stock). This is the summary:

The standard fixed stock Benelli M4 model 11707/11717 as imported contains 13 parts, which are governed by 922® provisions. Prior to performing any modifications, you must FIRST reduce that parts count to ten (10), after which the parts count may NOT exceed 10 import parts from that list.

Kip's 922 FAQ @ carriercomp.com goes into a little more detail: http://www.carriercomp.com/FAQ.html