Bad Problem with New Super Vinci

Nobodyyouknow

I just shot my Super Vinci for the first time this weekend, and it failed to feed more than 60% of the time. That's no exaggeration. It may have actually been more than that.

First shot fired great, then the second shell would get stuck on the way up and in.

I tried a few different brands of shells, but they were all mostly your typical target load stuff for skeet.

I know it wasn't the way I was shooting because two experienced target shooters tried it and both experienced the same failure to feed.

I put about 100 shells through it before leaving. Never got better. And yes, I put sufficient oil throughout.

Needless to say, I'm frustrated. What would you do in this situation?

Remember you have a sporting gun that is designed to handle 3 1/2" shells. Minimum load should be a 3 dram 1 1/8oz Heavy Target. Standard trap or skeet loads may not work reliably in a gun designed to take on the heaviest loads possible and make sure it's oiled inside the barrel part where the bolt slides. These guns won't cycle any shell if they're dry.

OK so I contacted customer support, and they confirmed what I'm reading here. I was using too small a shell. Was using 2 1/2 dram, minimum is 3. Also was using 2 3/4" and they said I should use 3" for the first 100-200 rounds to break it in.

Problem is, every shotgun club around me have a minimum size of 7 1/2. I can't find any shells that are 7 1/2 or less, with 3 dram and 3".

So I have a gun that is too big for target shooting, basically. No one told me this when I bought it. They said it would be great for hunting or trap/skeet.

Any ideas? Are there shells that fit these parameters that I'm just not finding?

The “Dram” is not what you can rely on. Try shells with a minimum velocity of 1290 fps or more. Winchester AA, Remington STS both load 12 GA 2 ¾” shells with 7 ½, 8 & 9 shot with those velocities.

Or the heavier stuff like:

Winchester Super X Game & Target 1325 fps.

Remington Express Long Range

Remington Nitro Magnum 3” Max 1 7/8oz.

Fiocchi Golden Pheasant

Federal Upland Load

While these rounds cost quite a bit more than the low end target rounds, they will help break in your new shotgun and hopefully allow it to digest the cheaper ones later.

Good Luck!

The “Dram” is not what you can rely on. Try shells with a minimum velocity of 1290 fps or more. Winchester AA, Remington STS both load 12 GA 2 ¾” shells with 7 ½, 8 & 9 shot with those velocities.

Or the heavier stuff like:

Winchester Super X Game & Target 1325 fps.

Remington Express Long Range

Remington Nitro Magnum 3” Max 1 7/8oz.

Fiocchi Golden Pheasant

Federal Upland Load

While these rounds cost quite a bit more than the low end target rounds, they will help break in your new shotgun and hopefully allow it to digest the cheaper ones later.

Good Luck!

Agree!!! Mine takes 2 3/4 0r 3"" The Benelli Rep I spoke with told me don't waste my money on 3" or Mag shotshells. Use 2 3/4. Good info above!!