Mounting Weaponlight And Laser On Benelli M1

scattergun

I want to mount a weaponlight and laser that can be controlled by a single pressure pad switch on my Benelli M1 Super 90 with factory extended magazine. This will be used for close range and low light.

My best idea so far is to use either a CDM Gear BMT with 3 slot Picatinny Rail or a Mesa Tactical Shotgun Barrel Clamp with 2" Picatinny Rail and then mount a Surefire X400 on the short rail.

I plan to find the weight of all components and securely tape an equal weight to the forend of my gun and do some testing before buying anything.

Has anyone done anything like this? Does anyone have a better idea?

Should I go with Mesa or CDM?

Thanks.

I had not seen the Blam1 before. Thanks for pointing that out. It looks very lightweight and compact.

My stock sling swivel has some play in it. I suspect that the Blam1 does also. That would not be a problem for a light only but I would like to mount a laser also. I wonder if it could be secured to the forend to eliminate the play?

I suppose that any solution will have some play and may move around due to recoil. The laser installation makes the problem more difficult.