Recommendations for slugs for M4?

DoctorX

I've had great accuracy out to 100 yards with the Tru-ball 1600fps shells. I also tried out the dupo 28s which will only fit 6 in the full length mag tube but they cycle without a hitch and are solid head-shots out to 75 yards with (good to fair) accuracy at 100. The tru-balls tend to shoot a little on the dirty side but they are made for smooth bore shotguns and I'll deal with a little extra bore cleaning for that kind of accuracy. Very dependable at the range and they go right where I aim em...

DoctorX, to answer your question, I prefer the 1oz load when shooting Remington (rifled) Slugs. Try different brands to see what your barrel likes best...

Brenneke's (rifled) are good as are Federal Truball (rifled) and Winchester Super X (rifled).

@ Sukhoi_fan, my understanding is that rifled slugs are for smooth bores and sabots are for fully rifled barrels.

For a Benelli M4... I see Remington has two types of rifled slugs (both 2 3/4") Option 1: 1 oz., 1560 FPS. Option 2: 7/8 oz., 1800 FPS. Any recommendations which is better for all around defensive use?

Option1 will give you 2364 (ft lb) energy, and option2 2753 (ft lb) energy.

Foster slugs are prone to fragment on impact, but Benneke doesn`t. They perform well even after impact on windshields and cardoors.

http://www.brennekeusa.com/cms/fileadmin/BrennekeUSA/Law_enforcement/user_upload/Dokumente/Brenneke_Maximum_Barrier_Penetration_Slug_Information.pdf

...my understanding is that rifled slugs are for smooth bores and sabots are for fully rifled barrels.
This^.

I haven't yet found a (rifled) slug that hasn't been accurate out to 100 yards from the M4... I honestly can't remember all slugs I have shot but so far all of the rifled slugs have been great through this shotgun. I swear I could put some loose dirt and a rock in my M4, pull the trigger, and it would fire. It shoots everything.

You ain't kidding. I've never loved shooting shotgun as much as I do with the M4... I tell everyone that it almost seems that it has auto-targeting and just won't miss. Slugs or Buckshot. M4 is the love of my life for SG. :cool:

This^.

I haven't yet found a (rifled) slug that hasn't been accurate out to 100 yards from the M4... I honestly can't remember all slugs I have shot but so far all of the rifled slugs have been great through this shotgun. I swear I could put some loose dirt and a rock in my M4, pull the trigger, and it would fire. It shoots everything.