Please Delete

M4Madness

M1014 Mag Tubes  

28 members have voted

1. 1. M1014 Mag Tubes

I was thinking of the samething the other day, I would prefer a one piece like the original. It is very important (to me) that it be the exact same shade of color as the rifle, so it looks OEM. I hate the look of my aluminum NoDak, but it works. Is it difficult to replace this piece, is it screwed in then have some type of Lock Tight sealant?

[ 04-24-2006, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: James00 ]

The NoDaks (at least the aluminum) are black, and the M4 is grey.

Originally posted by M4Madness:

quote:
Originally posted by James00:

It is very important (to me) that it be the exact same shade of color as the rifle, so it looks OEM. I hate the look of my aluminum NoDak, but it works. Is it difficult to replace this piece, is it screwed in then have some type of Lock Tight sealant?

One good thing about the color, if it's off a little, it probably won't be as noticeable as two different color tubes being mated together. At least the entire tube will be the same color. I've never seen the NoDak extension in person -- is it too dark, too light, or just a totally different shade?

I'm assuming that the factory mag tube is held in place with some type of Loc-Tite substance, and that an application of heat will allow it to be loosened.

Anyone here ever remove their factory mag extension?

quote:
Originally posted by James00:

The NoDaks (at least the aluminum) are black, and the M4 is grey.

Well, another thing to consider is that aluminum is anodized, while steel is phosphated. How do the NoDak steel extensions look? I've heard that they are closer in color to the original.

But lets get the one piece going! (or a 14 inch barrel) :D

Well, I'm still waiting on word about whether or not the full-length tubes will be made, but I got a head start by already removing my short tube. :D

401861.jpg

Was it difficult to remove? Info please smile.gif