New user, new Benelli M4

nikos

Hey there everyone!

Glad to me a new member and a proud papa of a Benelli M4. New here and new to Benelli and looking for some tips. Ammo to use, ammo to avoid, mods, opinions, etc. So far in the works I have a Mesa Tactical Urbino stock, gg&g tac bolt release, Mesa Tactical rail / shot shell carrier (all on back order from Botach) and a preorder for an ATI fore end -considering a surefire for the rails but damn they are pricey.

Heard good things and excited to be a part of the community.

Welcome, we're glad you found us!

Your Benelli is well known to run off of any ammo. Typically it is recommended that they be broken in with buckshot. That Mesa stock is a great choice. Like many people I found that the extended bolt release gets in the way of the bolt, I removed mine.

thanks Black. Will these work? and is this a pretty decent deal?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Ammunition/Ammunition-Sale%7C/pc/104792580/c/104691780/sc/109620180/Federal-12-gauge-Top-Gun-Pink-Target-Loads/1188669.uts?avad=48247_e4414903&WT.mc_id=al35987&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

a range master at a local shooting range told me they needed to be higher velocity or the ARGO system wouldn't cycle properly. softer recoiling rounds would lead to unreliable cycling. so new to the shotgun world, are there shells like revolver rounds? +p and +p+ etc? not sure if i should listen or ignore his advice.

think the term he used was low recoiling rounds.

is a number 8 shell the same as 00 buck?

Edited by nikos

thanks for the feedback and thanks stranger for the chart. on the use of 00 buck to break in the m4, how many rounds should i pass through before switching up the shot size? any recommendations on lube? I have some hoppe's oil in a precision dripper, some slide glide that i use on my steel framed pistols and some cheap remington teflon spray.

Welcome to the forum, I too am new to the M4 platform, but not new to firearms. I will be upgrading my M4 with a Surefire forend, Surefire X300 Ultra with XT 7 remote, DMW 1 piece mag extension and follower, and a Cerakote digicam finish. Ill post pics when done.

• 2 weeks later...

Going with a Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock with Limbsaver buttpad and adjustable cheek weld. A GG&G Tactical Bolt Release Button. And a Mesa Tactical Sureshell Shotshell Carrier.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2144[/ATTACH]

Edited by nikos

a full strip ?.........looks like you took the shirts off your back for the photo !

Welcome aboard.

lol nice!

yeah the old shirts become gun rags over time.

glad to be a part of the community. any words of wisdom are appreciated