Ammo prices?

Atlpresa

About a month ago I ran into some Federal 00, 175 rounds packed in 50 cal ammo cans, for what came out to be about $0.30 per round... after tax... yep $0.30. WallyWorld target loads were $0.27 per round for a box of 100. I thought it was mismarked but when I took a can up to the register the marked price was what indeed they rang up as. Needless to say the store no longer had any Federal 00 in ammo cans left after I exited with cans in cart. Shoots like a dream, too.

Other than that I've only seen (locally) 00 for about $1.00 per round on average.

Bully, those are the best prices I've seen. I wonder how much ammo cost before all this bs? At these rates if you shoot a bad guy you need to sue him to recover your costs for ammo. A buck a round. SMH

KB, I just paid 27.99 for the same round but if I had to have it shipped out here it would cost the same as my local costs.