Benelli M4 ATI Raven Package

Tom-Gun

I'm newbie on this forum and this is my first thread. Wanna say WELCOME to all of you folks! Here's the presentation of a new ATI Raven Package for Benelli M4:

Can someone share their opinion/review about this product? I'm interested in buying it.

Thanks,

/Tom

bm4sbs is teasing. ATI is synonymous with crap. I consider them only a little better than Tapco. This particular stock has been labeled the Tactical Floor-jack and the Grip of Shame.

It's overly complicated and seriously overpriced.

Holy Cow! - good to know. Just curious why you didn't test it first before you buy it? :) Could you pls specify what's wrong with this system? Thanks.

bm4sbs was teasing. I never bought one. I'm not sure if they're actually for sale yet since I've never seen an end user with one. Perhaps they are for sale, and that says there is hope for the human race.

Take a look at the manual for installing the stock.

http://www.atigunstocks.com/img/cms/A.1.10.1431.pdf

Granted, if ATI wanted to send me one of these stocks -- even temporarily to test out -- I'd be glad to do it. But from what I can see, I think it would be a step backwards in performance and simplicity of the M4. Of the stock out there, I'd rate them in this order;

1. Factory collapsible stock or the factory field fixed stock

2. Promag collapsible stock (cheap alternative to the factory collapsible stock, difficult to get since February though)

3. Factory pistol grip fixed stock

4. Urbino Stock (Love the LOP, hate the attachment method and boxy pistol grip)

5. ATI Abortion

I actually handled an M4 with all of that stuff on it a week or 2 ago. While I wouldn't put all of that stuff on mine the stuff actually seemed good quality.

Hmm. The stock looks like it might be worth a try. The ergos look good.

I'm open minded about the Raven maily because I am hunting for a C-stock. I have yet to see one hands on review of this stock likely because none have shipped yet. I would be interested to see weight comparisons and fit, finish and functionality assessments. I could get past the looks if the pros outweighed the cons. One never knows...with the factory c-stocks selling at $500 at the low end and no Promags to be found....at least it is an alternative.

Hmm. The stock looks like it might be worth a try. The ergos look good.

Yeah the stock did feel nice and sturdy. I don't know how it would handle buttstroking a hard object but it didn't feel cheap like I was expecting. The rubber material seemed nice too.