New Owner of a M4! Now waiting delayed NICS

JHarrisM6A3

• 2 weeks later...

Got the M4 out to 3 Gun yesterday. I ran some Federal #8 2 3/4 Dram loads through it. Short stroked a few times with the very first mag. Ran few more through it and it seemed to get better. Maybe it just needs a little break in period. Other than that I love the gun. The recoil is a bit friendlier than my buddies M2 (love the M2 as well). I think i might need to swap chokes from the factory one. Shoots like a rifle with the factory modified choke. At the end of the day I am happy with my M4 and glad I broke down and got one for my first shotgun. Now I can stop borrowing one for 3 Gun :D

@JHarrisM6A3, did you mean (2 ¾”) length shell instead of “Dram”?

Dram was originally both a coin and a weight in ancient Greece, and refers to both mass and a unit of volume in the apothecaries' system.

The term "Dram" was used as a measure of the powder charge in a shotgun shell, representing the equivalent of black powder in drams avoirdupois, although you can still find it on each box of shells, it has a much different meaning today.

What you really should be looking at is the “FPS/Feet Per Second” which should be 1200FPS or higher. Congrats on your new gun and I hope it has a short break in period.

They are 2 3/4" but I was refering to the dram eq. on the box. Have been using a M2 from my co worker and that also didn't like less than the shells marked 3 dram eq. I am aware of the meaning being in reference to black powder. Thank you for the info, im still the FNG as far as shotguns go :p I'll get some different shells until it is "broken in".

Buy a few hundred or so of that cheap ammo from wally world and have at it. While your at it, put some buck shot and slugs through her as well. Keep the M4 running wet (keep her lubed up) You will have her broken in no time. Now I can cycle the cheapest crap out there with out issues. This worked for me, others may disagree or agree. Its up to you.