My Final Build

M4-Desert Camo

After getting my M4 almost 6 months ago, here is my final (if there is such a thing as final) build:

Surefire M80 Fore end, X300-Ultra (w/Larue mount), XT07 tape switch and rail covers.

FFT Trigger assembly, follower, rail, charging handle and 6 shell holder.

EOTech EXPS-3.

Benelli collapsible stock with adhesive scope-eze cheek rest.

Lasermax green.

Magpul angled grip.

DMW oversized safety.

Limbsaver pad

There isn’t much real estate available on our M4’s so I did away with the tape switch for the Lasermax and I’m much happier with the layout. Can’t say I’m a fan of Lasermax’s pulsating green laser but the form factor is real nice. My guess is it’s a battery hog. When Carriercomp starts taking orders again I plan on a desert tan full size tube. Nice to be 922r compliant as well!

A big shout out to StrangerDanger for all his contributions to the forum and individuals, a real stand-up guy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2151[/ATTACH]

Edited by M4-Desert Camo

The black furniture looks ok with the camo finish. I like what you have done with the stock.

The stock work was out of necessity, With the EOTech I wasn't getting my cheek high enough and/or comfortable. As far as the Limbsaver, the CS was beating the heck out of my shoulder compared to the regular PG stock.

Glad the trigger pack made it back to you. Hope you like where I set the tension on the safety.

If I was keeping M80 rail, I would have the aluminum part painted in Cerakote to match the receiver. Maybe send the aluminum portion of the collapsible stock to be painted the same. Then leave all the furniture black.

You have a full length mag tube on order? Or is it a no-go feature in the Masshole?

LaserMax isn't too bad on batteries. Buy a bunch of those size from Dealextreme, throw em in the freezer. I hardly activate mine.

The pulse makes it easier to locate in high stress, I think that's point anyway. I prefer it.

Glad the trigger pack made it back to you. Hope you like where I set the tension on the safety.

If I was keeping M80 rail, I would have the aluminum part painted in Cerakote to match the receiver. Maybe send the aluminum portion of the collapsible stock to be painted the same. Then leave all the furniture black.

You have a full length mag tube on order? Or is it a no-go feature in the Masshole?

Haven't been to the range with it, mail messed up the trigger delivery last week. It feels OK dry fire. No tube on order yet, I was emailing with Kip and he does offer it in desert tan so when he starts taking orders I'll get one. Not sure of the new laws here in MD ... I know futures sales are banned and 20rd mag's lowered to 10. Haven't seen the full range of changes yet in the laws.