Reflex sites

s10gto

Anyone using a Reflex of any maker on there 12G. Do you find it better then a set of ghost sights or even open rifle. My brother has one on his ACR that he is thinking of switching out. Thought maybe a good sight for my Benelli. Your thoughts.

Thanks

I think I have every QD LaRue mount they have ever made....the low profile is too low for my optical line of sight registered off the cheek weld. The Daniel Defense is also a low mount, with an open see-thru mount style to view the stock iron sights.....but the optical axis is again too low for my needs.

Screenshot2011-03-30at90254AMcopy_zps1094abf5.png

Edited by benelliwerkes

Can I see through a T1 and a eotec 552 with a shouldered M4 and the collapsible stock fully retracted, or should I use a higher mount of some sort? I am more interested in the eotech 552 used by the British forces on their L128A1 shotgun, because they are powered on common AA batteries which you can find everywhere. One of my M4 has only the 2 position stock, and I want to use the T1 or eotec 552 on both settings.

Using the T1 with the collapsible stock is the best option. When using the collapsible stock in the middle position, it raises your cheek weld slightly. Even with the low LaRue mount, the Aimpoint sits higher than the iron sights. I noticed an improvement in my cheek weld when I went from the fixed pistol grip stock to the collapsible stock for this exact reason.

SD - is it Larue Tactical LT661 mount?

BTW Probably will not be the same when mounting on the OEM rail? I think yours is aftermarket - carriercomp?

It is the LT661, but optics don't work on the OEM top rail. You have to buy an after-market one (Carriercomp, Freedom Fighter Tactical, or Sidearmor).

As I posted earlier, I'm using an A.R.M.S. #31 mount on the OEM rail with no issues so far. AFAIK it's just the LaRue that is incompatible with the OEM rail.

I've heard that most optics won't work with the OEM, but I could be wrong. That's why I thought everyone changes theirs. I guess YMMV though.

It's mainly LaRue mounts that are no go with the factory rail. Other mounts that use a full cross bolt design that spans the sight channel cut are normally fine. Here is the damage done to a LaRue mount when paired with the factory rail. The damage occurs during recoil.

2i92weh.jpg

Yes, the mount I use is a LaRue Tactical LT661. The top rail is a carriercomp rail. A FFT rail would also suffice.

Edited by StrangerDanger

It's mainly LaRue mounts that are no go with the factory rail. Other mounts that use a full cross bolt design that spans the sight channel cut are normally fine. Here is the damage done to a LaRue mount when paired with the factory rail. The damage occurs during recoil.

Yes, the mount I use is a LaRue Tactical LT661. The top rail is a carriercomp rail. A FFT rail would also suffice.

So, I decided I wanted a t1 on my new m4. I ordered the t1, but then I read that it didn't work well with the benelli rail, so I ordered the sidearmor rail and shell side saddle. This shotgun is deadly to the wallet. Mind you I already bought the FFT forearm, follower, titanium mag tube. I think the 4 designates 4 dollar signs and should be read like benelli "m$$$$" instead of a benelli "m4".

Anyhow, I ordered from Larue with the 661 and the aimpoints are backordered for "2-5 weeks", so that also gave me the option of considering changing from a 4moa to a 2moa. I did so this morning. It seems to be the consensus that the aimpoint t1 is one of the best optics for the M4, but what about the 2 vs 4 debate in this case. It seemed to me that the 2 has more versatility, as you can just turn it up a bit for close range.

In Indiana, we can't use rifles, so shotguns are our all around hunting firearms. I am definitely going to shoot rabbits, and possibly pheasants with the m4, but I may try deer too. It could also be possible that I will put the t1 on my rifled deer slug gun in order to try it. So, back to the original post.... The T1 is good, but does anyone delineate between the 2 and 4 moa much for this platform? Anyone hunt with a T1? Everything I found was in relation to AR platforms.