FYI: M4 field stock 81041

nethinim

just got off phone with benelli usa. i have had 81041 on special order since dec with local dealer. benelli said small order comming in "in transit" could be 40 could be 200. the number of backorders far exceeds the number comming in, in this shipment. backorders being authorized dealers "brick and morter" "local dealer". "will be filled according to when ordered" "well over a year estimated to fill those backorders". "nothing going to brownells, MGW etc. until all backorders filled". "benelli italy well aware of situation regarding new restrictions in some states". just thought you'd like to know. cust service rep basically said we have been begging italy to fill the current orders for more than 2000 units. "no comment on benelli leaving maryland"

Crazy. I got my 81041 yesterday from a local gun store who ordered it for me directly from Benelli (Stoeger Canada). It only took a few weeks from the day I ordered it.

*Edit, and a little OT, but...

The damn handle/grip on the 81041 is so damn skinny it's a little disappointing. I thought it would at least feel similar to say a Hogue 14" LOP Remington 870 stock.