Break in and cycling

tangy003

I have a question.Having recently(2weeks ago) received my SBE II and reading about the "break in"and reading about how some are having cycling problems.Is that condition inherent to All Benelli shotguns?The reason I ask is that as soon as I assembled mine right out of the box,I tried clay loads and the gun worked perfect.Then I mixed and matched the following:3-1/2" nitro mags,3" turkey loads and Winchester pheasant loads along with the Clay target loads.I fed my SBE II everything and anything in any and all combinations of shells and my gun never skipped a beat.Did I get the oddball benelli that just didn't need a "break in"?Is the M4 using different springs?VS the SBE II

:confused::confused:[ATTACH=CONFIG]2166[/ATTACH]

Here she is!!

Edited by tangy003

I have a question.Having recently(2weeks ago) received my SBE II and reading about the "break in"and reading about how some are having cycling problems.Is that condition inherent to All Benelli shotguns?The reason I ask is that as soon as I assembled mine right out of the box,I tried clay loads and the gun worked perfect.Then I mixed and matched the following:3-1/2" nitro mags,3" turkey loads and Winchester pheasant loads along with the Clay target loads.I fed my SBE II everything and anything in any and all combinations of shells and my gun never skipped a beat.Did I get the oddball benelli that just didn't need a "break in"?Is the M4 using different springs?VS the SBE II

:confused::confused:[ATTACH=CONFIG]2166[/ATTACH]

Here she is!!

I've read about that also but my SBE II always has cycled almost all rounds except some very low power 7/8 and 1 oz loads that I use in my 100 year old model 97 cowboy action shotgun. SBE II is the best all around shotgun IMO.

I've read about that also but my SBE II always has cycled almost all rounds except some very low power 7/8 and 1 oz loads that I use in my 100 year old model 97 cowboy action shotgun. SBE II is the best all around shotgun IMO.

I do like mine.It is replacing(believe it or not)a Remington model 11-48.Yeah that gun is very old and I just felt the urge for something new.This will primarily be used for pheasant and then deer when the season rolls around.

Yeah Thats right,they do shoot them.Only difference is that they are rich and I'm not.The ones they shoot are probably "sponsor gifts";)

I'm reading their book, they weren't rich when they signed the Benelli contract. Phil was loyal to Remington or Winchester (can't remember which off hand). When Willie took over he arranged the Benelli deal and it worked out great for them.

I'm reading their book, they weren't rich when they signed the Benelli contract. Phil was loyal to Remington or Winchester (can't remember which off hand). When Willie took over he arranged the Benelli deal and it worked out great for them.

Don't get me wrong about them.I think the show is great and so on.( I watch all the time)I have no ill will about anything they do or have.They came from where they were to where they are and that's the American dream.Something I wish all of us could achieve.....Sigh.....maybe one day.