Super Vinci Missfire Issue

Meltony67

Im wondering if any of you Super Vinci owners have had any missfire problems?

This will be the second time since i purchased the gun new 3 months ago that it is going back to Benelli.

I spoke to a gentleman today from the Benelli service department that told me 1 in every 25 shots is acceptable to missfire. Is that acceptable from a $1800 Benelli? My kids $350 Tristar shoots everything im shooting with no issues.

Im shooting (Federal, Winchester AA, Estate, all have issues) 2 3/4 - 1 1/8oz - 8 shot for trap. One shell loaded into the weapon at a time. Ensuring charging handle is locked ALL THE WAY TO THE REAR, shell placed in chamber and bolt is driven home via the bolt release button. The shell is slightly dimpled but not enough to fire it.

any suggestions for me? it seams Benelli wants to blame it on the ammunition or me not locking the bolt all the way back and pushing the bolt release button which a child could do correctly.

Edited by Meltony67

I don't consider 1 in 250 misfires any more acceptable than 1 in 25. If everything is as you say it is, then I would imagine the factory will figure out the problem pretty quick. The factory rep may have sounded skeptical, but they were probably just trying to make sure the gun didn't need to be returned. Misfires can be dangerous things. It is a good idea to let the builder fix it.

Light firing pin strikes cause me to think that a bolt dis assembly and cleaning is in order. Excess grease or oil in the firing pin might be suspect. I like everything associated with the firing pin to be almost bone dry. Barely a hint of oil on a cleaning patch, then wipe everything down. This is one area that dryer is better. Good luck!

Light firing pin strikes cause me to think that a bolt dis assembly and cleaning is in order. Excess grease or oil in the firing pin might be suspect. I like everything associated with the firing pin to be almost bone dry. Barely a hint of oil on a cleaning patch, then wipe everything down. This is one area that dryer is better. Good luck!

I hear you. I got the gun back from Benelli last Friday took it out Saturday and had 3 missfires out of 40 shots. Brought it right back to Gander Mtn to send back to Benelli. We will see how it turns out. Thanks for the reply guys!