Geissele Hammer coming

Atlpresa

I ordered a Geissele Hammer back in February from Midway and received an email yesterday saying it shipped and should be here Monday. Finally I'll be 922® compliant.

If you've been looking for this piece you may want to try Midway right away. Their sight says it's on backorder until 7/01/2013 but that obviously can't be right. Price is $59.00

Good luck!!!!!

Edited by Atlpresa

Added this to my "notify me" on 4/23 and have not been notified of it's arrival. Just checked Midway's website and saw out of stock, arrival date expected 7/1. In the meantime I ordered a three piece trigger set from FFT. They advertise it as a drop in unit..no fitting required. However my gunsmith had to use a stone to fine tune the hammer as it would not function as shipped. Just picked the shotgun up this morning and fired a box of #4 buck. No problems.

Added this to my "notify me" on 4/23 and have not been notified of it's arrival. Just checked Midway's website and saw out of stock, arrival date expected 7/1. In the meantime I ordered a three piece trigger set from FFT. They advertise it as a drop in unit..no fitting required. However my gunsmith had to use a stone to fine tune the hammer as it would not function as shipped. Just picked the shotgun up this morning and fired a box of #4 buck. No problems.

Fine tune the FFT hammer?

I installed my Geissele hammer last night, took less than 5 minutes....I followed the instructions and did the cycle test and everything is legit...

Can I use the Geissele hammer with the FFT Trigger and disconnector without any issues?

Mr. Shotgun: Did it require any special tools? I was really thinking about letting the gunsmith take care of that one. I'd hate to mess something up. I read somewhere it was hard to get right.

If you just ordered one I'd call Midway tomorrow and see what the status is.

Geissele's site is still showing them as out of stock. How'd that happen?

I followed Stranger Danger's guide and it took be ~15 minutes to change out the hammer, trigger, and disconnector. I used the FFT replacement parts and everything worked perfectly

As for tools...I just needed a few punch pins, a dental pick, and snap ringer pliers.

Edited by Scout_21
Adding tools used

If you are changing JUST the hammer... It's super easy. Follow the directions that come with it and it will literally take less than 2 minutes. Seriously. Remove snap ring, push pin out far enough to remove hammer, replace hammer, push pin back in, install snap ring. The pin on mine was easily pushed out by hand with the help of a small screw driver. No hammering or punches required.