Making my own wood furniture

06-530rr

So I got a wild hair up my ass to make my own furniture. My buddy owns a high end woodshop. By high end I mean 10,000 doors. Not even kidding. So this will be really easy for him. However he is letting me do it with him supervising and explaining along the way. So I ordered some Turkish walnut and away we go. This wood has cured for 7 years so we first planed it and now it has to sit for a few weeks and get use to the moisture again. Anyway it's going on my m2. I currently have the comfort stock.

My question is what or how to secure the buffer rod in stock. I would still like the adjustability but its not required. Thanks

null-3.jpg

null-4.jpg

Thanks truck cop. Any chance you got the measurements for the back end? A pic of the front? Awesome man appreciate it!!
Measurements like depth of the cut down to the end of the recoil spring tube wouldn't be valid since the pic is of a M1 take-off that had been shortened by an unknown amount. Pic of front wouldn't correspond to your M2 since the stock/receiver interface is a different configuration than the M1. Seems like your M2 comfortech stock would be your best pattern for configuring the receiver end of the wooden stock, and the length of the recoil spring tube would determine your depth of the cut necessary for installing the drop lock plate in the rear. Edited by truckcop

Ok gotcha. I was planning on copying the stock one. I appreciate the pic. It helps a ton. In the manual it shows the parts breakdown for my stock and the wood one. So I will have to order a couple pieces. It's gotta sit for a few weeks anyway. I'm by no means in a hurry to get it done. But I'll start cutting the first sat of August. Every sat I go to the skeet range and then drop by the wood shop. Ill keep this thread updated as I go.

I'm excited too. If anyone has any design ideas or things they would change I would love to hear them. I'm basically gonna make a copy of the stock one. Checkering and all. I'm gonna make a mold of my current one. Then use the mold to make copy that I can cut in half down the center. I can then transfer that onto a piece if lexan or plexiglass for a template. I want it clear so I can see the wood grain and where to position it on the blank.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!! Remember these in the picture are the factory Benelli wood. Damn good deal for 225 if ya ask me haha. So I bought them to speed up my custom ones. Since the wood and plastic are slightly different this will insure that I don't hack up a rare (and very expensive) piece of Turkish walnut. LOL

these in the picture will be for sale and my plastic ones in the very near future. I'm gonna pass on the killer deal I got on them. So if your wanting factory wood at a killer price PM me and I'll let you know when I'm done with them.

Im gonna start cutting this weekend and don't expect to take more than a month making them.

There is just something about wood that makes it warm and friendly. The plastic feels disconnected and well just a shotgun. The wood on the other hand is personal and art to me.

Lol a very steady hand:rolleyes:

on a serious note my my buddy who is teaching me is making me checker it by hand. I forget the woodworking term. I call it knurling in my world. Haha crosshatching I think it is. Anyway he said I have to crosshatch a 3 foot piece of oak before I can touch the stock and forearm. That will take a few minutes haha