will i ever receive my pre-ordered R1?

65F1005.8

looking for some input. I ordered a black syn 30-06 R1 on January 31st 2013. I was told by several venders that contacted benelli it would take 60-90 days. So I decided to place an order. After the 90 days I was told an additional 30-60. It has now been 160 days and the vender was told by benelli that benelli will not give any "real" ETAs. I like the R1 and I realize it didn't sell well. So I'm starting to think if benelli could miss a projection by 250% that it has been discontinued and they are not producing any rifles.

Any thoughts?

looking for some input. I ordered a black syn 30-06 R1 on January 31st 2013. I was told by several venders that contacted benelli it would take 60-90 days. So I decided to place an order. After the 90 days I was told an additional 30-60. It has now been 160 days and the vender was told by benelli that benelli will not give any "real" ETAs. I like the R1 and I realize it didn't sell well. So I'm starting to think if benelli could miss a projection by 250% that it has been discontinued and they are not producing any rifles.

Any thoughts?

I don't think the rifle has been discontinued. Benelli is notorious for taking months and months to fill orders for guns, parts, etc. My local gun shop would just tell me that Benelli sends them whatever Benelli feels like and whenever they want. They would have shipments arrive many months late without any notification whatsoever containing whatever Benelli felt like putting in the order. You could call the Benelli USA help line which I think is listed somewhere on this site and talk to a real person, but they may not be able to expedite it or even give you a status. That's your only hope. After 7 months and for that amount of money, I'd cancel the order and get a BAR. I love my R1, but not that much.

planetcat,

I guess I should have posted up here earlier...not even an hour after posting I found a NIB syn R1 30-06 for the sale price I paid. I'm considering leaving my order with benelli to possibly do what others have been doing online for 2013, selling used 30-06 r1s for 1200-1500...

I am atleast going to leave my order until I receive the other one. So I don't get burned on a bad deal.

planetcat,

I guess I should have posted up here earlier...not even an hour after posting I found a NIB syn R1 30-06 for the sale price I paid. I'm considering leaving my order with benelli to possibly do what others have been doing online for 2013, selling used 30-06 r1s for 1200-1500...

I am atleast going to leave my order until I receive the other one. So I don't get burned on a bad deal.

I would check around if I were you. On gunbroker, you can get an R1 new for $999 any day of the week and less for the wooden stock versions. Shops across the country are selling them at prices much less than they were several years ago. I have a .30-06 and .300WM barrel for my R1 and like the setup a lot. It shoots .30-06 like a dream. A little finicky on commercial ammo though, but nothing to worry about. If you load your own, even better.

I have been Watchin out for one for 999 and I have seen several other calibers but none in 30-06 syn. The one I found I bought... But I spent a month looking before I ordered and after the first 90 days I checked frequently. I only wanted a 30-06 syn. But now I got one so I'm happy, I just wish it was coming from benelli. Oh well.