SuperNova Ghost-Ring Sight Inserts

KB3NRY

Hey all,

I just got a Benelli SuperNova Tactical with ghost-ring sights. I had my eye on the tritium inserts, but between the price and not being overly impressed by a friend's tritium inserts (might have just been old and fading, but that's another reason I steer away), I think I'd like something else.

So since they sell tritium "inserts" can the white just be pushed out? And does anyone know of fiber optic inserts that are made to fit in? I'd like to keep the ghost ring sights, I'd just like something a little more eye-catching than the stock white, like red or green fiber optics.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Read this: http://forum.benelliusa.com/showthread.php/32239-Tritiun-ghost-ring-inserts No, you can't just get "inserts". Hi-Viz makes a fiber optic front sight post replacement. I have one on one of my M1's but it's tiny and isn't all that noticeable when actually shooting. http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/sights/front-sights/benelli-shotgun-fiber-optic-front-sight-prod42499.aspx

Thanks for the information. I did see that post, but since it was concerning the tritium sights, I thought I would post in a separate thread.

Well, that stinks. When they call them tritium "inserts" I assumed they could be inserted in the normal ghost ring sights. That's a shame.

If I had gotten the rifle sights, would it be missing the holes to install any sort of sights like the ones you linked to above? (Or should I have just gotten the rifle sights to save money and then installed what I wanted...if I decide I want something else.)

Rifle sighted Benelli's are not readily or cheaply converted to ghost rings. The receiver would have to be drilled & tapped for the rear sight and you would either have to buy a new barrel with the GR front post or have one soldered on to the existing barrel. My opinion would be to go with what you got. You could always add a rail to the receiver and put a red-dot sight on it. Depends on what you're using the gun for.

Rifle sighted Benelli's are not readily or cheaply converted to ghost rings. The receiver would have to be drilled & tapped for the rear sight and you would either have to buy a new barrel with the GR front post or have one soldered on to the existing barrel. My opinion would be to go with what you got. You could always add a rail to the receiver and put a red-dot sight on it. Depends on what you're using the gun for.

Thank you very much for the confirmation that I made the right choice. I think I'll stick with the stock ghost ring sights for now and I'm guessing they'll work great for me. But if I decide I want something else, I'm glad I already have the holes tapped for most sights. I do like the idea of a rail eventually. Thanks!