FS: M1014 C-stock with Mesa Tactical QD sling attachment

Sukhoi_fan

VG condition c-stock off of M1014 with Mesa Tactical QD sling cup attachment on PG with QD sling swivel - $300 or $225 plus your VG condition OEM PG M4 stock, shipped. Finish on metal is in excellent condition (no scratches at sling loop hole or elsewhere). A NIW 3 notch receiver extension available for an additional $100 (will not sell the receiver extension until the c-stock sells). Nothing at all wrong with the c-stock, just concluded that a c-stock is not the configuration for my purposes. First come, first serve.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

• 2 weeks later...

Did you drill out the steel block inside the pistol grip when installing the Mesa Tactical QD mount? Or did you do as Benelliwerkes suggested and widdle down the fastener's outer diameter?

Do you still have the existing retaining pin that the block replaces?

You might have better luck returning it to stock condition, and fetch a little more money for the unit.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1439620.htm

Did you drill out the steel block inside the pistol grip when installing the Mesa Tactical QD mount? Or did you do as Benelliwerkes suggested and widdle down the fastener's outer diameter?

Do you still have the existing retaining pin that the block replaces?

You might have better luck returning it to stock condition, and fetch a little more money for the unit.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1439620.htm

The block in the above link is still there, only the roll pin was drilled out. As noted previously, this is the stock which I drilled out to the appropriate size (of the fastener furnished by MT) because I was unaware of the roll pin inside that hole in the rubber grip. MT provided no instructions with the QD cup, fastener, and swivel. Additionally, I called MT and specifically asked about how to install the fastener they furnished - the girl on the phone at MT instructed me to drillout the hole to the size of the MT provided fastener (I asked her twice about this to make certain I heard that explicitly). So that's exactly what I did, and I gotta tell ya that Benelli uses only the highest quality steel for their roll pins lol. In hindsight I'm wondering about what the MT people were thinking.

The MT furnished fastener appears to be the same size as the roll pin - not much left after whittling that down to get to the ID of the roll pin lol. The roll pin should really be punched out for the installation of this MT sling attachment. Of course had I known there was a roll pin in there I would have punched it out and inserted the supplied fastener in it's place. The original roll pin is the only part that's missing. There are no fit or alignment issues with respect to the block in the above link, as I've found this c-stock PG will fit both an early model and a late model gun and indexes as easily as the standard buttstock (or the other c-stocks I've had) as is. If someone wanted to remove the QD cup that would just be a matter of unscrewing the fastener, removing the cup, and re-inserting the fastener. Having been drilled out I can't say whether a new roll pin would work or not. If one was wanting to return it to original by replacing the roll pin then it may be necessary to replace the block referenced in the above link. I guarantee it to be in good working condition as is, however just like with any other good working condition item if there were any alterations from existing condition there would be no guarantee.

And thx for the link and the tip SD. Apparently I've been under the mistaken impression that having a QD sling attachment is an value-added sorta thing. Noted. Really, I'm just trying to clear this out, perhaps someone would get a deal (make me an offer...got an excellent condition standard stock?). If I don't get a bite soon I'll simply spend the $25 for the block and roll pin to *transform* it. lol

And NO, I don't have the original roll pin. lol

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Sadly, the mod seems to hurt the stock's value. I reverted mine and a friends back to OEM back when I had mine all torn down. You will need to replace the grip core if you wish to return it to OEM condition. The drilled out hole will not allow the original roll pin to fit firmly. The stripped grip core is relatively inexpensive to replace. You'd need;

Grip core

Plate retainer

Roll pin

Probably about 70 dollars worth of parts with shipping.

Curious to know why you're going back to the regular pistol grip stock. I've considered switching stocks, but I had interest in the Field Stock more than the OEM pistol grip variant. I'm pretty happy with the current sling setup I have now with the collapsible stock. The IWC rear mount is kick ass.

• 2 weeks later...