A Few Words About These Fourms

tucker301

I just spent my last day on the Refuge Forums yesterday.

In general, not a bad place, but there were some issues that didn't set well with me, so I left the joint.

I won't drag the skirmish over here. That's not my reason for this post.

My reason for this post is to thank the Benelli companies for providing these forums and to especially thank them for their general hands-off attitude towards our discussions.

It's pretty amazing that someone can recommend to another member that they consider buying another brand of shotgun on here, without the post being deleted and the member being tossed for treason.

I think the folks at Benelli understand that when people are allowed to speak freely, they tend to speak their true thoughts.

When customers and potential customers speak their minds, the company can do nothing but reap great benefits.

Unsolicited, and unfiltered comments about Benelli and competitor's products allow them to keep their hand on the pulse of the shotgunning buying public.

Kudos and THANKS to all who make this little place a pleasant place for intelligent folks to exchange information.

PS: We're still going to kick your azz in the WC tongue.gif

jakjakman,

Looking a bit further, it appears that the BBC is streaming the matches online, but only to UK browsers.

I haven't tried it, but you could probably wiggle around that by using a UK based proxy server.

Google free proxy servers if you want to go that far with it.

I know you are frustrated with that 'other' forum, but I hope you reconsider and post up over there when the topic is of concern to you.

No question, there are a ton of frivolous posts there...but I think you could find those same ones elsewhere - on any forum that has as many members as that one has.

It’s easy for many to hide behind their keyboard.

Anyway...I frequent there and hope to see you chime in when the mood hits.

Rick

Let me wade through the knee-high BS of Tucker's post and translate what he's really saying...

Benelli, I love your guns and am your biggest spokesman. Now, will you contact me about testing some new guns already!

Just kidding around Tucker. I know you appreciate this forum and that Benelli provides it for us. I think it's a super resource. And Mr. or Mrs. Benelli, if you're reading this, I'll take a free gun when you send Tucker his as well.

-Steve

[ 06-15-2006, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: heavy4x4 ]

I appreciate the accountability that Tucker and others bring to the forum.

People who make ignorant posts and comments will get nothing but an azz chewing.

Oh yeah, poor grammar and the use of motion wing decoys will most likely get you one too. ;)

Most folks don't get to debate with them as long as you did.

I applaud your tenacity. You were fine until the very end.

The 'other' place has been extremely useful to me for regional info, but it has never claimed to be any sort of forum for free speech or free expression.

Honestly, I am not surprised that this forum is more wide open. The point is to sell more Benellis, period. If folks can see the good and the bad, they are better prepared to make an informed decision.

Where are the Browning forums? Remington? Mossturd? :confused:

Say what you want about Benelli, but how many companies open themselves up to the public in this manner?...

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by mudhen:

Most folks don't get to debate with them as long as you did.

I applaud your tenacity. You were fine until the very end.

Dead on assesment.

I let the childish banter get to me and fired back a few rounds.

In retrospect, I lowered myself to their level and was doomed after that.

I had several members contac me through PM's and tell me that they thought I was making good points and saying some things that needed saying.

I guess they just didn't have the stones to step up to the plate publicly.

No big deal.

I can still read the forums and get the 3% of useful information that comes through them.

[ 06-16-2006, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

Originally posted by mudhen:

Where are the Browning forums? Remington? Mossturd? :confused:

mudhen - CA

That couldn't be more true. This forum is awesome for information on this product, and it's a shame that other manufacturers don't do the same.

If it wasn't for Shotgun World there wouldn't be a good place to discuss those other guns.

I am not into soccer so I can't comment on the games but I totally agree with all the views on this thread. This thread was actually one reason I decided to finally register, and the fact that I just bought two Benelli's. This forum is great and as far as I am concerned unequaled. There is a lot of knowledge here and at times pretty good entertainment and of course varied opinions but isn't that why we all keep coming back.

Thanks to Benelli and all of you.

Full Bore the Newbie