Benelli Adjustment Tube Part 166S for M3 or Supernova Collapsible stock

heckler&kochp2000

• 8 years later...

Hi HK,  I know this is an old thread but is there still a possibility to get the 166s adjustment tube/rod?  I would love to modify my M3 Super90 to fit a telescopic butt stock. I already have the butt stock but can't install it without the missing tube...... Thanks!

On 7/28/2013 at 3:52 PM, Vertigofirearms said:

Hey hk, I know I've been bugging ya about the part, but why does the tube appear to be parkerized from the photo?

On 3/11/2022 at 7:00 AM, Varangian said:

Have you checked your tube?  My M3 Tactical came with the tube.

I unscrewed my original pistol grip buttstock and yes there is a tube but it's not notched to accept the adjustable buttstock.  So really need to change the original tube to the 166s tube with the notches.....  I might be wrong though.... maybe others can pitch in...  if it's too much hassle to work on then might just well abandon this option..

Oh man, that’s a slug scope M3 with chokes! Those are incredibly rare in America; I’ve only seen one other american person have that barrel on their M3 ? unless you live elsewhere….

So you can go two ways with your M3 - either get the entire back end of the M1014 on it or use the M4-A1 / NZ M3 combo. The tube should be a high strength thread locker so concentrated heat needs to be applied for removal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Doge for the heads up.   I think I'll just keep this stock as is and maybe buy an m4 instead.....  hehehehe :cool:

15 hours ago, Doge said:

Oh man, that’s a slug scope M3 with chokes! Those are incredibly rare in America; I’ve only seen one other american person have that barrel on their M3 ? unless you live elsewhere….

So you can go two ways with your M3 - either get the entire back end of the M1014 on it or use the M4-A1 / NZ M3 combo. The tube should be a high strength thread locker so concentrated heat needs to be applied for removal.

Hi Doge, just would like to ask if this would fit on my M3 to be able to change it to telescopic stock? Do you think it would fit (screw) on the back of my unit after I take off the original recoil tube?  I don't know what the M4-A1 / NZ M3 combo piece you're referring to.... do you have a pic of that?   Thanks!

image.png.b7058147dbd079fc30d55258f0c17681.png

There's no official documents about parts and stuff for the public, so I am making this up as I go:

The NZ M3 uses the plastic stock originally from the Supernova. It is also shared with the newest M3-A1, MR1, M4-A1, & GLX160. It is special because they reuse the M1014 grip. 

Benelli M3: A third model of legendary Super 90 shotgun

GLX160 - standalone - Beretta Defense

Pin on Guns

The tube you have posted should work with your M3. The back end should be threaded for M21 x 1 screw threads. As long as it doesn't say H&K on the side that's a good indicator it has the M21 screw threads. You would just need to use the M1014 grip. It is squared on the back to line up with the M3 receiver.

You can look at stock shim kits to see the different shape. The curvy shim won't work with your gun; which also means the curvy the grip won't work. Some people bubba the grips on and they mismatch.

Benelli 64mm Drop Shim "D": MGW

Benelli Cast Change Shim: MGW

• Upvote 1