Benelli M4 NP3+ Pistons

Jackalope

Well I got my M4 pistons NP3+'ed by Robar probably over a year ago, but haven't had a chance to post a review.

I've shot quite a few times since then, and the carbon still just wipes right off. Here is a side by side picture of a dirty piston and a clean one. Literally takes me a minute or two to clean one. Carbon can still get nasty if you let it sit on them, then it takes longer to scrub off, but as long as you clean right after your range trip, you should be good to go.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2206[/ATTACH]

Pretty happy with my minute upgrade.

-Jack

Did you have any issues with the tolerances being affected? When I had three sets of pistons done in Nickel Boron, I had to polish the high spots on the pistons so they would free float in the barrel. Polishing was pretty easy, I just chucked each piston in an electric drill and spun it while holding some 1500 grit wet/dry sand paper around it. Since I used such a low grit and frequent test fitting, it took about five minutes each.

Cleaning is much easier.

Stranger,

No, tolerances were not affected. I made sure of that before I had that done. there was less than .0001 added to the OD, and it feels just like before. Otherwise I probably would have done the same thing you did hehe.

Did you have any issues with the tolerances being affected? When I had three sets of pistons done in Nickel Boron, I had to polish the high spots on the pistons so they would free float in the barrel. Polishing was pretty easy, I just chucked each piston in an electric drill and spun it while holding some 1500 grit wet/dry sand paper around it. Since I used such a low grit and frequent test fitting, it took about five minutes each.

Cleaning is much easier.