My new Benelli Accessory Rail

5Shot

I wanted to show everyone the new Mag Clamp I made for my Benelli M1. I designed it in Pro-E (it is a 3D Modeling Software). It has a Mil-Std Picatinny Rail on it (both sides) so that I can mount my Sure Fire light on it. It was machined so that it clamps to the mag tube, but has a slight clearance on the barrel, so that slug impact doesn't change. I plan on finishing it with Brownell's Moly Resin finish in flat black.

benelliw-olight1.jpg

benelliw-light1.jpg

5Shot

very, very nice. A simple elegant solution to an often frustrating situation. I was about to ask if it put stress on the barrel, then I reread your post. When are you going to start marketing them? Also can you anodize at home? I saw a reference to home anodizing on another forum however I am sure it is an intensive proccess.

Heh.

We've been playing with a similar idea for about a year now:

mesa_tactical_barrel_mag_clamps_protos.jpg

magazine_clamp.jpg

The difference with ours is the rail isn't integrated, but is a separate part, any of three different lengths we offer. Also, we have a flush cup for a push-button sling swivel machined into the mag clamp (the original design is for a Remington 870, which doesn't include a forward sling mount point).

We are doing a lot more for Benellis these days, so might consider introducing something like this for Benellis.

Originally posted by Mesa Tactical:

Heh.

magazine_clamp.jpg

The difference with ours is the rail isn't integrated, but is a separate part, any of three different lengths we offer. Also, we have a flush cup for a push-button sling swivel machined into the mag clamp (the original design is for a Remington 870, which doesn't include a forward sling mount point).

We are doing a lot more for Benellis these days, so might consider introducing something like this for Benellis.

Originally posted by Mesa Tactical:

Heh.

magazine_clamp.jpg

Is Mesa or anyone one else making somthing similar to this set up for the M$ / 1014..??

I've looked at the one from Sidearmor but it appears to require the use of the top rail extension. I don't plan to use an optic on this gun, so top rail adds nothing for me but weight. I need a lightweight mount so I can attach a Surefire w/ ARMS mount... tongue.gif

• 4 years later...