Out with the old, in with the new

duckwacker

Just got my new SBE2 patterned for the upcoming season. It will replace my old SBE. One of the reasons for the switch is the barrel work that was done to the SBE. The original purchaser had sent the barrel to Seminole for some barrel work. Back bored, ported, and custom chokes. I love the SBE, but with all the new waterfowl loads that have come out that don't work with ported barrels, and the fact that the barrel work required me to use Seminole extended choke tubes only, I was hesitant to shoot 3"BBB through that gun. I am looking forward to putting the hurt to a few more ducks and geese this season. Anyone looking for Seminole tubes? I have a full and IC that I have no use for.

Just got my new SBE2 patterned for the upcoming season. It will replace my old SBE. One of the reasons for the switch is the barrel work that was done to the SBE. The original purchaser had sent the barrel to Seminole for some barrel work. Back bored, ported, and custom chokes. I love the SBE, but with all the new waterfowl loads that have come out that don't work with ported barrels, and the fact that the barrel work required me to use Seminole extended choke tubes only, I was hesitant to shoot 3"BBB through that gun. I am looking forward to putting the hurt to a few more ducks and geese this season. Anyone looking for Seminole tubes? I have a full and IC that I have no use for.

Hi duckwacker,

I just bought my first shotgun, a P350, to take Teal & Duck hunting and I know NOTHING about the different choke tubes to use other than what I read on Bass Pro's website. My gun came with a Full & Modified tube and I just screwed the Modified tube in today. I keep coming across post that says that the Stoeger tubes that come with my gun expand in the barrel and are hard to remove. Has that happened to you?

What tube do you recommend? F,M, Extra Full?? Brand?

Hi duckwacker,

I just bought my first shotgun, a P350, to take Teal & Duck hunting and I know NOTHING about the different choke tubes to use other than what I read on Bass Pro's website. My gun came with a Full & Modified tube and I just screwed the Modified tube in today. I keep coming across post that says that the Stoeger tubes that come with my gun expand in the barrel and are hard to remove. Has that happened to you?

What tube do you recommend? F,M, Extra Full?? Brand?

I have been shooting Benelli/Beretta factory chokes for years without a problem. You don't want to shoot anything tighter than modified with steel shot. If you are on a budget, look into Carlson tubes. An extended tube is less likely to bulge in the barrel. If you are shooting decoying teal, an improved cylinder may be your best bet as it will open your pattern at closer range. If you want to spend a little more money, look into Trulock tubes. The price is mid range but they give high performance. Trulock makes the extended tubes that Benelli sells in their online store. You can purchase directly from Trulock online and their customer service is excellent. Good luck this season. The outlook is for good flight.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks duckwacker for replying. I took my first teal ever opening day with a modified choke at about 40 yards. This was my first time waterfowl hunting and I'm HOOKED! I purchased a P350 on August 29, 2013 and ended up having to send it for warranty work on September 16 because the foreend kept jamming, double feeding and the carrier was deformed. The warranty customer service team promised to rush it back to me ASAP since I've already paid for upcoming hunts. I guess the good thing about the P350 is that the recoil was very minimal and was pretty accurate.

Thanks again for your tips!

Brandon

Brandon, that update is outstanding! I am assuming you were hunting early bluewing. As you continue down the road of waterfowling I wish you all the best. Sorry to hear about the warranty issues but I am glad that the factory is taking good care of you. If you ever find yourself heading to Washington State send me a PM. The bay 5 miles down the road winters over 500k waterfowl every year. I would be happy to pull a trigger with you. All the best on your first season and if you think about it pm me with how it is going.:D