considering an M4

erik7181

Hi, im erik i just joined the forum and im currently considering buying the M4.

So i started considering buying a 12ga for a while. When i buy my firearms i prefer to buy high end. I want it primarily for hd but also for the range. Now im read up on that 922r so what i want to do is put the full titanium mag tube so when i get it i plan to swap the hand guards,the follower and mag tube. Then id like to get the C stock so i know ill have to swap anothor piece. Now i wanna get the benelli stock but i know theres anothor aftermarket one but from the few reviews iv read there not that good.

Thanks for the replys.Thw way i see it is even though im gonna pay alot for the stock its a factory part so ill get what i pay for. Has anyone changed the mag tube themselves with the heat gun? I dont wanna mess up a 1600 dollar shot gun. And the Freedom fighter tacticle site said to tead the 922r mote then once but it seemed pretty cut and dry to me

Has anyone changed the mag tube themselves with the heat gun? I dont wanna mess up a 1600 dollar shot gun.

I changed mine with the heat gun method after reading this thread:

http://forums.benelliusa.com/showthread.php/20884-Lazy-Man-s-Method-of-Removing-a-Benelli-M4-OEM-Magazine-Tube

It took longer than I thought.... but I kept changing the angle in an overabundance of caution so as not to heat the receiver. I knew I was getting close when the red loctite started to flake away. I used a rubber strap wrench which unfortunately left some marks on the original tube. I initially did not wait long enough and tried to strong arm it and the wrench slowly slipped.

And the Freedom fighter tacticle site said to tead the 922r mote then once but it seemed pretty cut and dry to me

FFT probably gets a ton of questions due to the nature of their inventory. Whats cool is after you ask a question they spend all day answering over and ever....at the end of your conversation they will say "Call us again anytime if you have any more questions."

Edited by roofless