Benelli m4 vs PWS MK116

Benelli Girl

So I was offered a trade for a like new PWS MK116 Mod 1 for my Benelli M4 which has the LE stock and full length tube. I wondering if I should do it or not... I really love the m4 but a high end ar15 like that would be really nice. Not to mention alot easier for me to shoot, reload and train with. I just wanted to get your guys opinions on the matter... if it would be worth it or not. If I could I would just sell the m4 for 2K and buy a brand new PWS and mags and ammo but nobody here wants it.

Link to the PWS rifle:

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=410&idcategory=42

Edited by Benelli Girl

JMO: two entirely different weapon systems for two entirely different purposes. For CQB/personal protection and versatility the Benelli M4 (or M2) w/ a FL tube rules. Plus a shotty is far more 'socially acceptable' in 'social' situations than a centerfire semi-auto (i.e. real life scenarios where one is most likely to be having to use a long arm in self-defense).

Everybody and their brother has an AR-15, only bad-a$$es have Benelli M4s. You want a rifle, buy slugs for your M4 and drill nails at a 100 yards brother. I have seen more people smile from ear to ear after doing fl mag dump out a M4 than any other weapon except a 50 cal. Benelli M4 = Priceless

I want an AR bad but I have no job and no way to get one unless I trade. Thats the only reason I would trade. No money = No new guns. So yeah... and walmart here sells tula .223 for $5 a box, so not that far off from 12 gauge price wise. I dont know... If I had a job then yeah I would just save up and get one. But when you apply to 100 places, literally 100, and you don't get a single call then I guess you have to make do with whatever little money you can get by doing odd jobs for friends and family.

Oh no...... Do not sell or trade it. They are hard to come by in these parts. I love my M4 and would never sell it for an AR or any other weapon. I'd rather sell my blood. That is by far the best shotgun I've ever held/shot...

I would find stuff you can ebay to death and save little by little for an AR.. there are plenty reasonably priced ARs out there... Take your time and be proud of that M4! It's a keeper! But if a job is a problem, getting worry about another gun is by far the most important thing in your life. Look at it this way... it will protect you forever! ;)

BG, being prior service there are a lot of job options open to you, even in this market. Try usajobs and also hit your local VA office to find out which govt depts are looking for in your area. If you haven't already sign up for your VA medical benefits (I know its not John Hopkins but it beats not being insured). If you'd like to contract there are even more opportunities worldwide. That DD214 is a passport to worldwide job options. In the last four years I've done 2 in Kuwait, 1 in Taiwan and have been to Russia/Kazakhstan 3 times. Good money and tax free if you stay long enough. Then you can keep your M4. I think they still consider Marines military service. LOL Good luck.

Yeah I have a AAS in computer science too, that combined with my military exp and still nobody will hire me. I do have VA benefits but its limited to just medical coverage which is still good. I know there are ARs out there that are cheap but... I'm the type of person that likes to have the best thing I can get, hence the m4, and thats why i wanted that nice piston operated PWS that needs no upgrades at all... I dont know maybe I am just grapsing at straws... I see everyone with those nice rifles and it makes me jealous haha. I like the M4 alot and have put a few hundred rounds through it, just it beats me up and I'm afraid it would get me killed if i had to use it to protect my self. I'd would expend the whole mag tube and miss because of the recoil (remember I am only 5'5" with very little bulk). After two shots my muzzle is pointed at the sky... so I dont know what I want to do... I'm leaning toward trading it.

Yeah I have a AAS in computer science too, that combined with my military exp and still nobody will hire me. I do have VA benefits but its limited to just medical coverage which is still good. I know there are ARs out there that are cheap but... I'm the type of person that likes to have the best thing I can get, hence the m4, and thats why i wanted that nice piston operated PWS that needs no upgrades at all... I dont know maybe I am just grapsing at straws... I see everyone with those nice rifles and it makes me jealous haha. I like the M4 alot and have put a few hundred rounds through it, just it beats me up and I'm afraid it would get me killed if i had to use it to protect my self. I'd would expend the whole mag tube and miss because of the recoil (remember I am only 5'5" with very little bulk). After two shots my muzzle is pointed at the sky... so I dont know what I want to do... I'm leaning toward trading it.

If you can't shoot the M4 well and you feel the M4 will not do the job for you then trade it. An AR will be much easier for a small framed person to shoot and shoot well with 30 rds or more. My wife which is about your size does not like the M4, too heavy for her. But with an AR she is one **** of a shot. And with my 1100 20 gauge she does the same.

Just remember, not all AR's will shoot steel cased ammo. My two LWRC' s piston driven have with no issues, my Keltec PLR 16 shoots it just fine also. But again, some rifles and pistols will choke on it. Get yourself a few boxes of the Tulla and see if the person will let you take the AR for a test drive.

The trade you are looking at seems fair. And in the future you can always buy another M4 if you want. Its your life you need to protect, do what YOU feel is right.

Do whatever will serve you the best. The shotgun is a superior defense weapon only if it isn't too heavy for you.

if you're low on funds I don't think I would trade for a piston gun unless you plan to shoot suppressed a lot. And for that much money you should love it. You could build a trick DI gun for less that works just as well.

Start hitting the weights/dumbells... if you don't already. Start strengthening your core and upper body... (shoulders, arms, etc..) Be easier on ya if you tell it who the boss is. :)

I have so many people tell me that my rifles and shotguns are too heavy... I tell them the same thing... Hit the gym... Also, put a 2 point tactical sling on it if you haven't. Help take some of the weight off ya in between shots if you need a rest.

Wow, they made ya lug a saw... geezus. Anyway, surprised you feel it as much. I hated shotguns for sooooo long. Not that I don't own others and shoot them, I just didn't enjoy the kick. I have many injuries and some of which are in my shoulders... Started out as bursitis now an occasional rotater cuff issue. But the M4, wow... I've always considered that the kick was equal to or only a tad more than my .306 sniper rifle. It's been a dream for me to shoot and I can shoot that thing all day. I've had every type of round through it.

Guess ya just really have to plant your feet into it more. I'm not sure of they have them because really haven't looked. Would a thicker pad help? I'm be more than happy to donate one for you. Is it the abuse on your shoulder or just the kick that bugs you?

The weight is not a problem I humped a 249 in Afghanistan doing convy security. Its the damn recoil of the thing, it is afterall a 50 cal rifle if you use slugs.
Edited by bhunted

Its hard to explain... it does not hurt per-say but its like a strong push, then its takes time to get back on target, after about two shots I have to completely realign my sight picture. I even tried holding it a bit out of my shoulder... that was a mistake... smacked hard into my face and i ended up having to go to the dentist to fix my gums. I gotta find a way to keep it on target under stained fire. Also the length of pull is too long, and on the middle setting its too short. But when i do get into a grove with it that thing is amazing, i love how fast it shoots and how reliable it is.

Then the only thing I can suggest is strength training. Telling it who's boss is, is the key I think. Being strong and being able to dig in better may help. Core strengthening and the works as you need strength from more than one place in your case. Otherwise, I'm lost other than go with lighter loads. Wish I knew what else to say...

Trade an M4 for an AR15? Really?? **** bud, if you really wanna step up, grab yourself an AR10 carbine for under 1500 and skip the pea shooter but please don't tell me you are going to let go of your M4. I've got a number of weapons and rifles are in the safes while the M4 is always ready, willing and able...

There is simply no comparison between the two. Heck, with an M4, even if the intruder is wearing a bullet proof vest, you are going to damage him SO bad he'll be lucky to survive just the impact at close range.