M3 super 90, 18.5in barrel with choke tubes?

JeepsAndGuns

Is there such a beast? From what I am finding online, all the M3 18.5in barrels were not offered with screw in chokes. It appears the M1 had a 18.5in barrel with screw in chokes avalable, but not the M3.

What I have is a M3 super 90 with the 18.5in barrel with rifle sights. I am wanting to install factory ghost ring sights on it, so that would require a new barrel. I figured while I was getting a new barrel, I might as well get one with screw in chokes, only to find out, its looking like they do not make one. It appears they made a 26in barrel for the M3 with screw in chokes, but I do not want the longer barrel, I like it the length it is now.

So is there a M3 18.5in ghost ring sight barrel with screw in chokes, or am I SOL?

Darn, I was afraid of that.

Now, I wonder if there is any way, shape, or form, that a M1 super 90 barrel could be modded to work on a M3? Comparing pictures, it appears the only difference is the front "ring" or whatever its called (part the retaining nut tightens down aganst)

Edited by JeepsAndGuns

Sounds like someone has tried this in the past?

Any idea on how the "rings" are attached to the barrel? Is is welded, brazed, or soldered? I wonder if a M1 barrel could be purchased, the original ring removed, a new one machined to match the profile of the M3, and then the new ring attached to the barrel?

Or, has anyone had a M3 barrel machined for screw in chokes? Is there enough thickness to allow this, or are they too thin?

Ok, I have three of the first version of barrel; while importation by both H&K INC. and BenelliUSA CORP. The significant difference is the Barrel Extension, with the flared end to ensure the user fully seats the barrel to the receiver and a extended chamber. I assume the M3s imported 2006 or later have the flared barrel and the metal oval selector switch.

I am not certain if Benelli had change the diameter of the barrels between the change of the barrel extensions, but it is a possibility. If the choke tube can fit over the barrel, it is impossible to get it threaded (which is the case of all three of my benelli barrels)