Barrel Damage ???

Sweater

I just picked up my SBE II. In assembling it and looking at some of the details I was caught by what to me seems to be damage or poor worksmanship at the barrel end where it meets the extractor mechanism. It seems to me to be gouged ir not machined very well. I was wondering if this was normal or should I be concerned? I was going to go sheck out other guns at the shop to compare.

I will try and get one but not sure it will show the detail.

This is the area where the new shell rests in the chamber and the extractor mechanism rides over as it twists over the top to pull the shell casing out after it has been fired. It just seems to me to be poor worksmanship. I looked at a cpl SBE II's over the weekend and they didn't look any better. Not sure it will affect the performance as I have yet to fire it.

I know the area your talking about,My M1014 has some funny machine marks on it too,,you'd think it would be all smooth and perfect,buutt its smoooth and perfect to their engineering specs ,they are also the same on my M1 tactical and my buddies M1 Practical & the other M1014,its just the way they machine there product,sort like a signature mark-----peace M1014 smile.gif

[ 01-03-2005, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]