M1014 Limited with Flag advice

Bcspy

I have been looking a various site and unable to find current pricing for Benelli M1014 Limited with Flag logo. I already have a M4 and a friend want to sell me his M1014 and had shot less than 50 rounds. I know a M4 goes about $1600. What would a reasonable offer?

The pricing on 1014s is all over the place. I've seen them sell from $1400 to past $3K. On a normal day folks seem to ask around 2200 for them so 2K will be a reasonable offer.

Remember that the M1014s have a fixed choke, narrow extension non-flanged barrel. They're not bad, just not great. Once you get it call Numrich and get one of their 3-posisition recoil tubes, or better yet, a Mil-Spec 2 -position tube!

Edited by BLACK

Fixed choke is a matter of preference, I prefer the fixed choke, one less thing to go wrong.

Some folks put a premium on the M1014, I see it as just another M4 although the c-stock does add to the value even though it doesn't retract with the existing recoil tube/receiver extension. IMO $2k is reasonable for a 'like new' M1014 although I'd offer less. I acquired one showing some use so I didn't (and wouldn't) pay a premium for a M1014 simply because it's billed as 'xxx of 2500' and has a flag on the receiver.

Just pick up the M1014 with extension tube and stream light m6 light/laser for $1250. I also pick up his new S&W 629 8 3/4" 44 mag for $750 and his LWRC M6A2 5.56 shot less than 200 rounds with extra 1500 rounds, 9 magpul, FENIX light and laser and Leupold mark 4 cq-t for $2800. What a package deal. I check the m1014 and was surprise why it did not come with the 3 position tube. My m4 comes with one. Why would Benelli sell as limited at a higher price? Seem to me all parts are the same except the recoil tube and choke.

You did well. The M1014 has the neutered receiver extension so they could sell it with the collapsible stock. At the time, the pistol grip fixed stock and the field stock did not exist at the time.

You can replace the receiver extension with a functional three or two position extension. Personally, I'd leave it alone or sell it for a premium. Then get another 11707 or 11703 and pocket the difference.

You need to buy the stripped unit, then either transfer the internals of your existing extension into the new one or buy all the internal parts. Ie;

Receiver Extension

Main Spring

Plunger

Flexible Ring

Stock Retaining Screw

Stock Retaining Ring

The only part I would recommend purchasing is the flexible ring. It's extremely difficult to remove from your existing extension. I wrote up a full disassembly guide here:

http://forums.benelliusa.com/showthread.php/31588-Benelli-M4-Receiver-Extension-Removal-Reinstallation-Guide

Swapping in a Recoil Tube will only help that 1014. Nobody wants that single-position tube, unless they're in California :rolleyes:

As I mentioned earlier: if you're concerned with value then go with a 2-position tube. Then it will be just like a real M1014!

Just swap all your old components (buffer, spring, etc) onto to your new tube. But definitely take SD's advice on that flexible ring.

It depends on the type of collector you're pursuing. Some want the weapon unmolested at all. Some whine even if it is assembled out of the box. That type would be more concerned about keeping everything as it came from the factory.

Another type of collector wishes to reproduce a concept rifle typically not available to the general public. They would want an OEM magazine tube and the OEM collapsible stock. The trouble is, you run into legality issues here. Something is going to have to be swapped for 922® compliance.

The original M1014 had just the two position receiver extension. I'm told that current production military M4's have the three position receiver extensions. The military models do not have the flag engraving anyway, so if you're trying to create a reproduction, you're better off starting with a 11707.

If you plan on shooting and using the M1014, then I would install a three position receiver extension, then just hang onto the neutered extension as well. You could reassemble in stock form, or sell it for a premium. The neutered extensions have very low resale value. It took me two years to sell mine for 75 bucks.