New Product Announcement - Benelli M4 Mount from AVATactical.com - Discount Available

AVATactical.com

On the 14" M4...is that P2X touching the barrel or does it just barely clear? If it clears that's the setup I want to go with on my 14". Thanks.

The LED head unit is widest at about its center of length......on mine it "appears" to barely touch the barrel at this point only;I can slip a 0.002" feeler gauge between the bezel and the barrel; it does not interfere with removing the magazine cap.

The head unit has 6 wide flat areas machined in a hexagonal pattern about the circumference of the head unit.....the diameter of head unit from flat to flat = 1.30" ; the higher points of the head radial surface diameter between the flats = 1.36", so a 0.06" differential depending on how the light head is related to the barrel surface.

By spinning the light in the mount one might be able to get all 0.06" of clearance or more, depending on stacking tolerances between all the parts. I haven't tried myself to see if I could get all 0.06".....just dawned on me.

Screenshot2013-11-28at74751AM_zps9cedfcb5.png

Edited by benelliwerkes

My pics lack the polish of the photos from Messrs. SD and Werkes but I'm thrilled with the mount so here it is:m4_light_n_mount.jpg

Clearance is great, operation is a breeze, and no tool required to break the gun down for cleaning. This is a superb solution. Everything mounts very solidly. I opted not to put any tape between the mount and the barrel because I didn't have any.

I did have a good supply of Loctite 243 so I used that in all the screws as spec'd.

When I get a chance to shoot it (not any time soon) I'll provide more feedback.

Move the light forward a tad, (mount on tail cap), you might be able to get away not having to loosen mount to change battery... careful not to smush it too tight. May cause cap to deform and you will not be able to loosen body to open.

My pics lack the polish of the photos from Messrs. SD and Werkes but I'm thrilled with the mount so here it is:

Clearance is great, operation is a breeze, and no tool required to break the gun down for cleaning. This is a superb solution. Everything mounts very solidly. I opted not to put any tape between the mount and the barrel because I didn't have any.

I did have a good supply of Loctite 243 so I used that in all the screws as spec'd.

When I get a chance to shoot it (not any time soon) I'll provide more feedback.

Joel, you going to compile a list of lights that will work with your mounts and that can sustain a shotgun recoil by chance? :confused:

Never mind, sounds like a dumb request... Gotta get more coffee... ;)

It would honestly be simpler to just ask the company if they will handle it.

No 2-mode lights

LED only.

That is a good start.

As far as fitment, anything with a 1.15" bezel in 0.8" will work, and anything smaller than a Fury in 1" will work, depending on tail-cap, etc.

Hoping to help in that regard, but as mentioned there are way to many lights to document all. I am taking notes and hope to get pictures of the most of the popular choices posted here. Will take awhile!

Awesome pictures and feedback everyone. Thanks to all contributing.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I know I tried to sleep mine off a bit. ;)

Move the light forward a tad, (mount on tail cap), you might be able to get away not having to loosen mount to change battery... careful not to smush it too tight. May cause cap to deform and you will not be able to loosen body to open.

That is a good idea. I noticed that was the preferred setup for the other lights, but I was mildly concerned about the light vibrating loose under heavy use so I moved it back a little bit. I think my fears are unfounded so I am going to set it up that way and do some heavy shooting to test. That won't be until late Dec though.

@ Werkes: Hah it's not a picture from the internet unless you can see someone's foot. I cropped mine out. :)

Best,

-case-

Edited by Case

• 2 weeks later...

I am making some inroads on this, I have a major catalog looking at them.

I've had a number of LEO's make inquiries and purchases.

I am having a hard time finding someone in LAPD. If you are with the LAPD please email me at [email protected].

If someone can put me in touch with someone in an appropriate position at LAPD, please email me and I will make it worth your time.

Joel, any word from my contact yet? I know the demo arrived. I was demo-ing it to a couple Sheriffs the other day. They like it.

Not quite yet. I did send an email a few days after I sent it, but I haven't pressed further yet. I do appreciate it.

I will follow up after the new year if I don't hear back, I know the holidays are very busy.

I received my mount and now I am torn trying to decide what light to buy. I am worried that a small Surefire designed for hand use will fail after 12 gauge abuse.

I am thinking of the x300 so I can take it off when not needed. I want to keep the sling mount on the left side.

Decisions, decisions.

The Grunt -

I haven't had a quality LED light fail on a 12 guage. In fact, I have some Solarforce LEDs and other off brands on some shotguns - no issues. I think you'll be fine.

Surefire may have some changes to the weapons lights, if a big concern you can get the KE2-A emitter head (which was built for weapons, plus a L4 Lumamax for the body. Surefire makes shotgun forends for 12 guages, so there is that.