New Product Announcement - Benelli M4 Mount from AVATactical.com - Discount Available

AVATactical.com

H&K -

E2D Defender Ultra is a dual mode light. I suspect the KE2D-A head is simply the dual mode version of the KE2-A head.

If you want a dual mode light that is a great start, you will need to swap out the tail cap for a Z61 so the geometry is compatible.

The light head should be around 1.25 if I recall.

Joel @ AVA

I bought the L4 digital lumamax on Ebay for $109 New , and the Surefire E2D Defender Ultra New for $176 Ebay, i figured the head would fit on the L4 and it did, but was wondering if the head on the E2D (KE2D-A) is the same as the one going for $260 KE2-A 500lumen it is the same head but the only difference is the E2D (KE2D-A) 500lumen head has a "self defense bezel" .

So i figured it out both the $260 KE2-A conversion head and the E2D (KE2D-A) head have the same 1.25" diameter

So instead of just buying the conversion head for $260 i got the whole flashlight for $176 and just switched heads, and now i have 2 flashlights. :confused:

Edited by heckler&kochp2000

I bought the L4 digital lumamax on Ebay for $109 New , and the Surefire E2D Defender Ultra New for $176 Ebay, i figured the head would fit on the L4 and it did, but was wondering if the head on the E2D (KE2D-A) is the same as the one going for $260 KE2-A 500lumen it is the same head but the only difference is the E2D (KE2D-A) 500lumen head has a "self defense bezel" .

So i figured it out both the $260 KE2-A conversion head and the E2D (KE2D-A) head have the same 1.25" diameter

So instead of just buying the conversion head for $260 i got the whole flashlight for $176 and just switched heads, and now i have 2 flashlights. :confused:

It is cheaper to buy both full lights, and sell off the unused parts. Surefire charges a mint for their accessory parts - heads, switches, etc. And used parts, especially in new condition, fetch premiums on ebay, etc.

Most folks I've talked to go with single mode as to avoid activating the wrong mode in a stress situation.

This dual mode light is awesome if you want dual mode - I may start recommending it as a starting platform - all you need to do is add your tailcap. Does the chance of being on the wrong mode not bother anyone?

Joel @ AVA

Hello. This is my first post and I have a question. I purchased the AVA mount and it is super. I installed the mount and only snugged the screws down just to see the mount on my M4. My question is, can I remove one screw at the time to apply the loctite primer and loctite or do I need to remove the mount and start over? I have not torqued the screws down with an inch pound wrench. If this is the wrong thread my apologies. My light is a Surefire E1D Defender with the Z61 on off switch. Thanks for any answer.

• 4 months later...

Nah. Going to a buddy in Australia for his H2O. He runs an invasive species eradication company. So he'll be spanking hogs and roo's in the cane fields with it.

Robar just called this this morning and said the parts were all coated. The Ava Tactical mount should look slick coated. All the way down to the fasteners. Should have it all back by Monday for reassembly.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a Surefire Viking Tactics L4 light (E series), with Shrouded tail cap and had it cut where it touched the M4, perfect fit and still protected from accidental on

[ATTACH]2871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2870[/ATTACH]

Edited by Xchief30

Good job Xchief30. No issues jamming your thumb under recoil with the shroud?

I'd be interested in the Arisaka bodies too. It would be far more secure than a ring mount system.

Thanks, no issues with the shroud and recoil.

I agree, a Surefire scout or Arisaka body adapter would be fantastic.