QD Pushbutton Adapter

bhunted

Anyone have any experience with Noveske? I ordered the qds and no response from them. No response to email, they charged my account, ordered still says unfulfilled and they don't pickup the phones. They are terrible... How they stay in business like this. Would have ordered them from Midway, but they were out of stock at the time. Ticks me off.... (Rant off)... :)

Might just tell cc company to dispute it and order somewhere else. Geeze...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, didn't know he died. Any who got a call finally from the manager. She admitted probs with the new web site. She wanted to credit my account because the item was backordered. I mentioned to her many mistakes and the site needs a re-write.

Things wrong with it, (she's passing info back to the management):

- Site charges immediately. Normally not a prob if item is in stock.

- No status updates.

- No hours of operation.

- No email contact imfo.

- They had no way to credit my card without me giving them my cc number and exp date all over again. Shouldn't need it. Can be done directly through merchant account transaction screen.

- No functional phone system on site. System was fubar all day. Put you in a constant loop of hold patterns.

- Lengthy time frame from day email sent.

etc., etc.

I've ran and programmed my own online stores over the years and their new site sux. I think the guy doing theirs is the same one Obamacrap used. Barely functional. A site barely functional should not have been rolled out. Their old one was better. Lmao... Oh well. Got what I needed ordered from Midway.

PS, nice rigs BW....

Thanks... Now I just need the QD sling adapters for my sling which is just thread threw style. Like a dummass, just placed a decent order for stuff through MidwayUSA and forgot to get them. I hate ordering little things just to pay a lot of shipping. Either that, I'l just get another sling like the Magpul Convertible.

bhunted,

Looks great!

• 1 year later...

Ok, back from the grave....

I want to remove the sling plate on my M4 and replace it with the noveske QD plate. I see that bennelliwerks posted a tutorial on how to remove the factory plate but, due to the age of the thread, the pictures are no longer available.

Is there any way we can get the pictures back or have someone describe the process? I think I know how it's done but not sure about reassembly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I actually got the stock apart tonight without breaking anything for a change. I'll try to describe how to do it without getting too technical.

BenelliM4--StandardampPistolGripStockAssembly_zps026b84b5.jpg~original

As you can see by the Benelli diagram, both the field and the pistol grip stock are assembled the same way with the same components when it comes to the rear sling mount.

Step 1. Remove the Recoil Pad (061C) from the stock by unscrewing the two self threaded screws (062J) that are accessed from the two small holes at the rear of the Recoil Pad.

Step 2. You're going to need a heatgun, because those evil Italians locktited the crap out of the threaded portions of the Stock Retaining Pin (280J). You're going to want to focus your heat through the bottom end of the butt stock on the 13mm Stock Retaining Nut (053J). I clamped the stock assembly in a vice so that the vice was holding onto the sling plate (063J). This helps hold it in position and reduces the amount of strain you're putting on the stock while you're attempting to unscrew the 13mm nut. Apply enough heat to let the locktite give way and remove the 13mm nut.

Step 3. Take your hot potato 13mm nut that you removed, and illuminate down the front end of the stock. You need to transfer that nut onto the opposite side of the Stock Retaining Pin 280J. This is typically what the stock threads onto the receiver extension by. You're going to need a deep socket 13mm socket and several extensions to reach that far down. Tighten the 13mm nut firmly against the bottom. You don't need to hit it with retard strength, but you want it to be firm.

Step 4. Use the heatgun to apply heat through the bottom end of the butt stock onto the Stock Retaining Piece (278J). Now try unscrewing the 13mm nut. The goal is for the Stock Retaining Pin (280J) to unscrew from the Stock Retaining Piece (278J). If the nut comes loose, re-tighten it and try again after applying more heat. It didn't take long for the thread locker to give up and the Stock Retaining Pin to unscrew. I would watch through the bottom of the butt stock to see if the Stock Retaining Pin (280J) was unscrewing or not. Now, if you have an incredibly stubborn one, I could see applying red locktite to the 13mm nut and leaving it sit for 24 hours before trying again. You really shouldn't have this issue though since the only thing that is really holding the threads together is the locktite. With the locktite broken down, the pieces are finger tight.

Step 5. Once you've unscrewed the Stock Retaining Nut (280J) piece from the Stock Retaining Piece (278J), the entire assembly will pull out of each end. You'll have the Field Stock Retaining Spring (279J), the sling plate (063J), the Stock Retaining Pin (280J), and the Stock Retaining Piece (278J).

Reassembly is would go in the reverse order. It should be easier without the locktite to contend with. Keep an eye on the orientation of the spacers as shown in the diagram above.

Note: I would not use a MAPP torch to break the thread locker. There is a plastic alignment piece that aligns the assembly within the stock. Too much heat and you might melt this piece.

Edited by StrangerDanger

.........I actually clamped the stock assembly in a vice so that the vice was holding onto the sling plate (063J).

SD - No need to clamp the stock in a vise. The socket wrenches at either end will control everything necessary. Using a nylon locking style nut for the slave nut is pretty handy.

Edited by benelliwerkes

Yes, I'm certain of it. Even Noveske specifies it is possible assuming you can get it all apart.

The only debate would be which side to put the QD mount on. I'm a proponent of putting the rear attachment point on the ejection port side of the weapon (assuming you're right handed.) I find it controls the rear of the weapon better. The pistol grip is less prone to want to dig into your back when carrier slung. It reduces the amount of roll exhibited by the weapon.

Yes, I'm certain of it. Even Noveske specifies it is possible assuming you can get it all apart.

The only debate would be which side to put the QD mount on. I'm a proponent of putting the rear attachment point on the ejection port side of the weapon (assuming you're right handed.) I find it controls the rear of the weapon better. The pistol grip is less prone to want to dig into your back when carrier slung. It reduces the amount of roll exhibited by the weapon.

Does the stock need to be relieved a bit for that round hole?

I agree on the right side mount. Too bad there isn't a ambi mount plate.