Long shot - WTB Kips M4 Bolt Handle

tactical1

He doesn't need to compete with an M4 to know what makes a good charging handle for a Benelli. He does compete with a Benelli M2.

"Made to sell" product. What product isn't made to sell?

Anything that adds weight to the M4's BCG reduces reliability. If that handle weighs more than 10 grams, it's a step down from FFT/CC products.

Other than that, all an aftermarket handle does is provide something more substantial to grab hold of. Any of the 3 mentioned will do that.

"Made to sell" is a term I use for something that exists only to satsify profit margins. The antithesis of that is CC and FFT's true 1913 spec top-rail. It was made due to ridiculous demand after Duggan, myself, and others shredded LaRue tactical mounts on our M4 top rails.

"Made to sell" doesn't sound like it applies to what you're trying to say, to be honest. Might want to go back to the drawing board with that one. Taran Butler probably has more rounds downrange than everyone on this forum combined. He certainly has more 3 championships under his belt with a Benelli than anyone on Earth. You may be the Gear King here on the Benelli forum (what a title!), but I think he has got it figured out.

"Made to sell" doesn't sound like it applies to what you're trying to say, to be honest. Might want to go back to the drawing board with that one. Taran Butler probably has more rounds downrange than everyone on this forum combined. He certainly has more 3 championships under his belt with a Benelli than anyone on Earth. You may be the Gear King here on the Benelli forum (what a title!), but I think he has got it figured out.

The laws of physics > Taran Butler.

Shooter > Prince Of Product Procurement

TTI didn't do any R&D on the product at all, they just copied their M1/M2 handle profile and pumped out a half-arse product.

If you like it, that's great. I don't care how well Taran shoots, that doesn't make him beans at R&D or product development. Here is what TTI had to say about it on Facebook: "because of the bolt design there is no way to stop it from spinning on the M 4, the M2 & M1 wont spin, sorry!"

That's right, the M4 bolt-handle they put out isn't even correctly machined on the end to prevent it from spinning, but maybe that's optimal, to have a bolt-handle that freely spins? Taran's the shooter, not me, maybe it's the new fad?

Now, as to the additional weight, it's made of stainless steel. Maybe it weighs more than the factory bolt handle (likely) and causes reliability issues like the GG&G did, or maybe it doesn't, I don't know, but I'm not going to buy junk from someone just because "they're a shooter". It's got to WORK, too, and them not even properly machining the thing to prevent it from spinning (unless this is what REAL SHOOTERS like?) is a total no-go on convincing me the rest of the product was thought out very well.

Facts > Shill for TTI.

Edited by Unobtanium

FWIW I have put larger bolt handles on my super sport and SBE II and do not have any cycling issues.I did it for different reasons then most of you on here.I have arthritis in both wrists and hands.Grabbing a factory bolt handle,especially with gloves on and in cold weather is difficult for me and these large handles help out immensely in that department.I put a Briley S.S. model on the super sport and a Nordic BFB on my SBE II.Both were manufactured to factory specs and do not spin when charging the bolt handle.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2372[/ATTACH]Here is a pic of the Briley on my Super Sport.

I was checking out Salient Arms Facebook page the other day and noticed they had a pretty interesting looking oversized bolt handle on the Benellis that they work over. I have no idea if you can purchase these individually or what they might charge for this if they do. But this might be another option.