shortening the stock on a Nova

tpeter

Being fairly new to hunting I've come to the conclusion that my length of pull is shorter than the 14 1/4" on the 12 ga Nova I've had for 16 months. If I had the the 20 ga. I could simply remove a shim. However, I have the 12 ga. I'm wondering about what I can do to shorten the length of pull. Has anyone had experience in this situation? Would I have a gunsmith shave a little off the end of the stock? Would there be negative unforeseen consequences of doing so?

your thoughts? thanks.

This question has come up numerous times on the forum, and most posts can be found if you search under "nova stock." One reply quotes a Benelli sales rep. as saying the gun can be returned to the service department, and they can shorten the stock. Several others suggest gunsmiths who can do the job. This seems to be a common compaint from Nova owners. It would be nice if the factory addressed the problem by simply making the stock a shorter. I can't believe it fits the average shooter very well.