Taran Tactical replacement carrier

truckcop

I received my TTI shell elevator,hammer spring,bolt release pad and safety yesterday,,, to me being a new M4 owner the pieces seem to be well made and well finished the shell elevator is completly polished and the bolt pad and safety are hard coat anodized in a dark grayish color....

Yeah,man. I got the safety,hammer spring & "shell elevator" as well. All dropped in (the m4) & function smoothly.

I have never pinched my thumb with the Benelli m4. I stuff them in there pretty fast. Since I modified the shell stop, it is a pleasure to load the M4. There is little force except the tension of the magazine spring to overcome. Before, it always felt like hitting a speed bump right at the last push of the shell to get it over the lip of the shell stop. Ramping the shell stop and relieving the stop so it has more flex really seemed to help. No signs of breaking on me yet either.

I have never pinched my thumb with the Benelli m4. I stuff them in there pretty fast. Since I modified the shell stop, it is a pleasure to load the M4. There is little force except the tension of the magazine spring to overcome. Before, it always felt like hitting a speed bump right at the last push of the shell to get it over the lip of the shell stop. Ramping the shell stop and relieving the stop so it has more flex really seemed to help. No signs of breaking on me yet either.

Same here, In fact I am using a M4 Carrier in my M2 to relieve the gap, if only they had one with a cut-out for the M3 >.>

Well, the TTI bolt spring was an epic fail. Multiple light primer strikes on various brands of ammunition.

The shell elevator is pretty nice. It certainly is easier to stuff shells in. The carrier is polished butter smooth. I guess I can tell there is less of a chance of it biting your thumb due to the design of the front of the carrier.

Is it worth 80 bucks? Meh, not really. It's certainly an improvement over stock. The spring isn't worth two dead flies. I have some pictures, I'll load them later.

Well, the TTI bolt spring was an epic fail. Multiple light primer strikes on various brands of ammunition.

The shell elevator is pretty nice. It certainly is easier to stuff shells in. The carrier is polished butter smooth. I guess I can tell there is less of a chance of it biting your thumb due to the design of the front of the carrier.

Is it worth 80 bucks? Meh, not really. It's certainly an improvement over stock. The spring isn't worth two dead flies. I have some pictures, I'll load them later.

Shame to hear of your dismay! I was about to order the springs for ALL OF MY BENELLIS, saved me a bunch!

Unless it was a culmination of some other problems I'm having with my M4 -- But I don't think so. Several rounds I direct loaded into the chamber and pressed the trigger. *Click*

Ejected the round and observed an obvious light primer strike. Attempted to reload that same round in to fire it again. Same issue. This occurred on cheap value pack ammo as well as high dollar 3" magnums. I replaced the spring with my factory spring, and light primer strikes went away.

Unless it was a culmination of some other problems I'm having with my M4 -- But I don't think so. Several rounds I direct loaded into the chamber and pressed the trigger. *Click*

Ejected the round and observed an obvious light primer strike. Attempted to reload that same round in to fire it again. Same issue. This occurred on cheap value pack ammo as well as high dollar 3" magnums. I replaced the spring with my factory spring, and light primer strikes went away.

You would think if TTI makes it; it would work? I am just shocked to read about the light primer strikes, this company is highly endorsed by 3-Gunners.:confused:

I think Wolff will be more promising!

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=2&mID=10

• 2 months later...

Back earlier in this thread I mentioned that the carrier would work on a SBE. I based that answer on the TT website indicating it will fit a SBE. I finally got around to installing the carrier on my SBE. I am going to change my assessment of its ability to function on a SBE. While it will certainly FIT a SBE, I have found that function is another matter. Since the SBE is designed to function with 3.5 inch shells, the loading port and the carrier are longer than the M1/M2/M4's. The TT carrier is shorter than the one on the SBE. When the TT carrier is installed on the SBE, the "angle of attack", so to speak, is different when it engages the shell and lifts it up into the breech area. I had numerous failures to feed a shell into the chamber. I could not get through a full 6-round load without having at least two FTF's. Nothing else was changed and the ammo I used was the same ammo I have been shooting without any feeding issues. I replaced the TT carrier with the OEM carrier and then shot a 100 round sporting clays course without any failures at all. I can only attribute the feeding issues to the differences in the TT carrier vs the OEM carrier. This, by no means, sours me on the TT carrier. I have them installed on 5 other guns (m1/m2's) without any similar issues and they work flawlessly. I don't know if anyone else here has tried one on their SBE. I make this addendum only to chronicle my experience.