Cleaning

Dirty Steve

Cleaning the R1 is more involved than I imagined before I purchased it. Never had a semi auto rifle before. I have a Super Black Eagle II. Obviously a very different platform. Do people remove the whole gas section from the receiver with the two allen head screws? Looked possibly easier then sliding the cylinder back and forth to clean in, under, and around it. How long with the O-ring last?

Steve

Steve,

I have posted an earlier thread asking some of these veteran Benelli users to possibly post a takedown video. I agree that the R1 is a different platform than other models of guns. Do you know if these posts are read by Benelli themselves? And if so, do they have any recommendations for a takedown and cleaning? It seems that there's not a whole lot of information on the internet regarding the R1.

Jay

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...
1 hour ago, oilumiun12 said:

I'm doing some research before buying the R1 fnaf However, when I saw your article I thought I would reconsider 

It's basically the same as Benelli M4. Not sure what the hard part is of the break down and cleaning of R1. Feel free to ask away.

Edited by KingChevy