Help for a Benelli Newbe

JohnO

Recently everything aligned and I was able to be together a deal on a nearly new semi custom m2. The gun is amazing but in its current state my shoulder (with a old injury) is not very happy. It has the standard stock recoil pad setup. Question is does the Gel pad/comfortec make much of a difference or should I cut my loses

and try to trade to a gas gun? Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2456[/ATTACH]

I've got guns of each persuasion and to be honest, I don't really notice a difference in felt recoil between standard and comfortech stocks. I do note a big difference between some gas guns (I have an old Browning B80) and those that are recoil operated, although if I had a shoulder injury that might be aggravated by shooting a shotgun I'd seriously consider learning to shoot off my other shoulder regardless of the type of gun.

In my experience shotgun recoil comes down to Three Things: total weight, shell type, and recoil pad. The heavier the gun the less recoil. Short birdshot is very different from say, magnum buck. And a soft recoil pad is much more comfortable than a hard one, or none at all!

I have never noticed a difference in recoil due to the action of the gun. Pumps, break open, recoil and gas operated all seemed the same to me. As the post above shows not everyone will feel this way.

If you have a rock-hard pad like what comes on the M4s I think you'll see a big difference with a quality pad. If this doesn't work you may switch over to a 20 Gauge.

Switching to a Kick-eez pad made a tremendous difference in felt recoil. Some swear by the Limbsaver. Either one will help and be relatively inexpensive compared to your initial investment. Pattern the gun then play with the shims to fix fitting problems. Keep at it kid, you can do it.