Modified C-Stock Grip for GG&G Hook Single Point Sling Attachment

00stormbringer

They are not out yet, to my knowledge, but IWC is coming out with something similar for the HK Style Loops:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_37/411747_SCAR_QD_Rotation_Limited_Sling_MOUNT_N_SLOT_by_Impact_Weapons_Components_.html

How involved was the mod to the c-stock? Is that plate slightly larger/different profile that the rear of the receiver?

Why did the C-stock need to be modified ??

The GG&G single point sling mount is designed to work with the standard pistol grip stock that attaches to the end of the recoil tube and can be adjusted to accommodate the 2.5mm GG&G Plate. The C-Stock pistol grip attaches to the threads at the beginning of the recoil tube and cannot be adjusted.

The GG&G plate will function on the collapsible stock it just has a 2.5 mm gap .....cosmetic, like the Glock gap at the bottom of the magazine well that actually functions to ease magazine removal to manage cartridge malfunctions.

The field stock bolt screws into the action recoil spring retainer nut; however, the double ended threaded bolt length of the field can be adjusted to accommodate for the 2.5 mm sling plate thickness; the GG&G tool for the field stock installation is designed to adjust the bolt length 3 mm.....it's a 8 x 1.0 mm pitch bolt.....turned 3 times = 3mm, as per instructions, and now it fits without the same cosmetic gap suffered by the collapsible stock.

Screenshot2014-01-09at61139PM_zpse4e3e394.png

It looks loose?

It was !.....I just didn't crank it one more turn for a lazy photo...my bad.

I have the GG&G sling, just prefer the modified MESA installed in the roll pin hole, so I had not paid much attention to solving this gap problem. There is plenty of room to insert a polymer plug securely in the rectangular forward grip and have its external profile shaped to the backside of the trigger guard for a nice look. I am going to have to look around for the right material for this project. Will update.

Screenshot2014-01-10at85546AM_zps623ab5ce.png

Screenshot2014-01-10at90826AM_zpsb5269afc.png

Edited by benelliwerkes

To assist those in following along as to the mechanics under discussion on this thread, here are some illustrations of the M4 field stock bolt as it is related to the action recoil tube and its spring retaining nut, as well as how compression of the stock bolt provides the extra length to fit the field stock flush with the receiver when a sling plate is installed.

Screenshot2014-01-11at102155AM_zps742625cf.png

Screenshot2014-01-11at102208AM_zps65bfa92d.jpg

Edited by benelliwerkes