Unable to fit the Supernova Telescopic Stock :(

M7jnu

Hello, I have recently bought a Benelli Supernova Comfortech in 24" Barrel and I have also bought the Supernova Telescopic Stock (part no: 61171).

I am unable to fit the Telescopic Stock because I have a Recoil Spring Tube (part no: 049D) and I think I need the Stock Tube Assembly (166S). Is this correct?

If I bought the Stock Tube Assembly will it be easy to remove the Recoil Spring Tube and fit the Stock Tube Assembly?

Thank you in advance.

Shez

Edited by M7jnu

I couldn't get the adjustable stock onto my adjustable stock tube either. I removed the allen head screw that retains the push button and removed the button. I found a rubber plug inside of the button spring. I removed the plug and button now pushes in far enough to easily put the stock on. I don't know why Benelli puts it there. Works better without it.

• 6 months later...
Any insight you could share about the procedure? Did you use a heatgun or just brute force? :)

I had my gunsmith remove the tube, he wrapped it in a wet rag and directed heat on the nut. It melted a little of the receiver.

New method is to remove the slotted screw and retaining ring from the end of the tube and direct the flow of heat complete throughout the inside of the tube.

Hello, I have recently bought a Benelli Supernova Comfortech in 24" Barrel and I have also bought the Supernova Telescopic Stock (part no: 61171).

I am unable to fit the Telescopic Stock because I have a Recoil Spring Tube (part no: 049D) and I think I need the Stock Tube Assembly (166S). Is this correct?

If I bought the Stock Tube Assembly will it be easy to remove the Recoil Spring Tube and fit the Stock Tube Assembly?

Thank you in advance.

Shez

Sorry I didn't read your post correctly . Not sure on removal of old tube.

Any insight you could share about the procedure? Did you use a heatgun or just brute force? :)

Just brute force, I did not use a heat gun. There is a hole at the end of the tube (butt side) and I put a screw driver in there to help me turn it.

The old fake recoil spring tube and the screw driver were destroyed. However you will not have this problem with the new tube as its outside diameter is in a square shape, rather than a circle; so you can use a spanner to tighten or untighten it.

As my gun is a field model with a vent rib, it was shooting too high with the new stock as I did not get a proper cheek weld. To overcome this I installed the truglo turkey/ghost ring sight. Now I get a true sight picture.

I can upload an image if required.

I used a heat gun, padded vise, and long handled Philips head screw driver as a T-handle. The end of the false recoil tube has a drainage hole; drill all the way through that hole and out the other end with a bit large enough to accept a screw driver. Apply heat to the receiver & tube junction, and periodically apply turning pressure to the screw driver. Once the Loctite turns to powder, it will unscrew with no chance of damage to the receiver, or false tube. Depending on the temperature setting of the heat gun, it may take any where from 4 to 7 minutes of heating. Using Brute force when gunsmithing is folly.

Edited by 00stormbringer

I used a heat gun, padded vise, and long handled Philips head screw driver as a T-handle. The end of the false recoil tube has a drainage hole; drill all the way through that hole and out the other end with a bit large enough to accept a screw driver. Apply heat to the receiver & tube junction, and periodically apply turning pressure to the screw driver. Once the Loctite turns to powder, it will unscrew with no chance of damage to the receiver, or false tube. Depending on the temperature setting of the heat gun, it may take any where from 4 to 7 minutes of heating. Using Brute force when gunsmithing is folly.

Old plumbers trick . . . when trying to remove something that is threaded on TIGHT . . . first turn it RIGHT (to tighten) This breaks the threadbond and THEN try to back it off. Ive used this on everything from pipes to engines and it works a good bit of the time.

Also when I installed that stock I removed the black plastic piece insid the button spring and cut1/8 " off and replaced. This allowed enough clearanceto press the stock adjust button enough t slide over the end

Thanks for all the replies, alot of good input!

I have another project for this gun as well. I´ve got the 20" slug pipe with rifle sights and I´ve bought all the Benelli spare parts for the original ghost sights. The original tactical barrel is only 18.5" which is too short to be legal in Sweden.

I want to replace the rifle sights with the ghost ring sights parts. Has anyone done anything like that? How is the rifle sights attached to the barrel?

Thanks for all the replies, alot of good input!

I have another project for this gun as well. I´ve got the 20" slug pipe with rifle sights and I´ve bought all the Benelli spare parts for the original ghost sights. The original tactical barrel is only 18.5" which is too short to be legal in Sweden.

I want to replace the rifle sights with the ghost ring sights parts. Has anyone done anything like that? How is the rifle sights attached to the barrel?

You should start your own thread so people with similar interests can find it.

The sights are held by adhesive bond, they can be removed by any gunsmith or unlucky person who hit his barrel at the wrong spot.

you can use the LPA italy sights that attaches with clamps for the front sight. Nothing you can really do about the rear sights unless you want to experiment with drilling and treading a polymer/steel receiver.