How to oil a SBE

unclehulka

I'm a proud new owner of a SBE. I got a great deal on a brand new one for $795. It may not be the SBE II but a major improvement over my winchester SX2. My question is how do you properly oil the SBE. The manual didn't specify how to oil or clean it. I want to do it right.

Congrats. on your new purchase! There really isn't nothing to it, the only place that really needs oil is the slide rail. Just clean your gun, and befor you put everything back together, squirt a little oil on each gruve that the bolt slides on, and you done smile.gif a perfectly oiled gun. btw a quick tip. Clean your magazine every other time you clean your gun, this will keep your action from hanging.

I only clean the spring in the stock once a year. The first time you disasimble everything, be careful not to dent the spring tube as this WILL keep your gun from cycling properly. There is a little locktight on the threads. I do no see the need to "relock" the threads again, since I have never had a problem with anything coming lose.

Yes, I am refuring to the magazine tube

Good luck