Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
Leo77

FNH SLP vs M4

I sold my FNH SLP to a friend, I have a Supernova, was considering either picking up another SLP or getting an M4.

When I first bought the SLP I thought it might be better than the M4 because they are produced in a lesser degree than the M4 and may have better QC than the mass produced M4 which are made for the military.

I believe both are great semi-autos, I would appreciate honest responses from those with first hand knowledge of either or both shotguns.

Thanks Much and God Bless

John 3:16

Hi John, after looking at an SLP at the shop I would never consider one. This new gun was full of machine marks, filthy w/ black oil, and rough to hand cycle. I'll stick to an M4.

Besides what's already been posted, the SLP comes with two gas pistons (one for lighter power loads and one for higher power loads) which you need to change according to the loads you're shooting - pretty inconvenient and possibly downright disappointing when in a bind.

I own both. Could never get the SLP to run reliably with birdshot. I have tried both pistons. The stock is too long and there are no shorter stocks available. Fit and finish are first rate. It sits in the safe.