spotter scopes

OrangeMarine

With such an open-ended question you're likely to get as many different answers as there are actual spotting scopes. You've got to ask yourself a number of questions in order to narrow down the possibilities:

What do I need a spotting scope for? Or, asked another way, what level of quality do I really need? Identifying 223 hits @ 200 yards? Or checking 308's at 1000? Looking at birds in the back yard? Scoping for Bighorns on the next rocky ridge?

How much do I have to spend? $250? $1000? $4000.

How much an I really going to use it? Every weekend? Once a month? Once a year?

I could tell you that I'm happy with my old mid-range KOWA. I could also tell you I'm ecstatic with my new higher-end Swarovski. But you're probably going to be using one differently than me.

Lots of variables. I'd do a whole lot of interweb searching and narrow down the possibilities that fit within your needs & budget.

Edited by truckcop

anyone know of any good spotter scopes? in the market for one

Yes. But mine's not for sale.

I'm with TruckCop on this one.

Spotting birds or bullet holes ?

These are good to about 300M for bullet holes in white paper; after that it's helpful to have a wireless camera system

Screenshot2014-01-21at75722PM_zps6fcc80b3.jpg

Screenshot2014-01-21at75733PM_zps9be7d5fe.png

Edited by benelliwerkes