Who's with me?

Sharkey

Take away all the fancy parts, mag tubes, a multitude of stocks, God knows how many different optics, titanium charging handles, forends, and we all know the list. Anyway, forget em all.

Now, close your eyes and slowly cycle the action on your broken in Benelli M4 and just sense and feel the action as you slide it back and then let it ease back into battery. Flowing just as smooth and easy as if it was softened water flowing over smooth rocks.

Made of metal, but just gliding through it's cycle as if sliding two melting fudgecicles together on a hot day....

THAT'S the beauty we are all here for. Smooth, efficient, dependable and always ready and willing when you give her a squeeze...

The Benelli M4. Like no other gun...

This is just a good ole "Damn I love this shotgun" thread.

Who's with me....

It's just as it should be outta the box, 'cept for needing a FL mag tube. Neutering it with a five round mag is an abomination and strictly a feel good measure since we have a number of ways of working around that now, 'legally'. Like the hotrodders say, "There's no replacement for displacement." (all things being equal) Those two extra rounds could make all the difference in seeing the sun come up again - FTW!

Yeah I had to delete several attempts making remarks about M2_shootr's gun. I got to thinking "how can a plain black shotgun be beautiful?" But anyone asking that question has obviously never met one in person. I had not until mine arrived. My FFL guy called me a second time after it came in and said, "sir, I hope you don't mind, but I opened the package carefully to make sure nothing was damaged and I held it, and Man is in incredible". I knew those flat photos didn't do it justice. When I went to pick it up, he said, "slowly, without using force, slide that bolt back". It was more fluid than I remember years back (1993?) when I saw my first Benelli black shotgun. Back then I knew I wanted a semi-auto Benelli shotgun for my home, but priorities always got in the way. Now it's at the top of the list of my prized material possessions. It will be another acclaimed masterpiece of gun making a hundred years from now and beyond, or like someone said, the 1911 of shotguns.

I totally agree. When I bring my M4 to the range, the best part is converting non-Benelli owners over with one tube full of shot; most can hardy believe that you're granting them a turn with such a perfectly crafted piece of shooting pleasure. No one ever refuses and everyone walks away with a grin from ear to ear. I have been doing this since the 80's with my M1 and will continue to share the goodness with my fellow firearm enthusiasts. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the excellent information that has saved me time and money. God Bless.

Now, close your eyes and slowly cycle the action on your broken in Benelli M4 and just sense and feel the action as you slide it back and then let it ease back into battery. Flowing just as smooth and easy as if it was softened water flowing over smooth rocks.

Made of metal, but just gliding through it's cycle as if sliding two melting fudgecicles together on a hot day....

That has a certain poetry to it..... especially the fudge-cicle part...lol

And I might think you were a little crazy IF I didnt have an M4 and know/agree with exactly what you're talking about.

Edited by roofless

That has a certain poetry to it..... especially the fudge-cicle part...lol

And I might think you were a little crazy IF I didnt have an M4 and know/agree with exactly what you're talking about.

Being "crazy" would certainly NOT be the worst thing I've ever been accused of man...lol Glad you're on board and understand though...;)

I've found FIREClean to make that action oh-so slick.

I've been favoring the TW25B in my long guns for a little while now. Everything 'practically' wipes clean after a day at the range and even in the cold (10 to 15 degrees Fahrenheit one day at the range) it kicks ass all day long. A day at the range for me is between 100 and 200 rounds per weapon so it's no small thing to be able to reduce cleaning time in several rifles, pistols and my M4.

Yes. Also, maybe 1 out of 3 cleanings, I'll also put it on sort of like they do with Froglube (from what I've been told anyway). I'll clean the **** out of everything and then, since I don't like "boiling" my parts, I'll heat em up with a heat gun. I bring the BCG and even the gas pistons up to where they are JUST at the edge of too hot to handle and then coat the heck out of everything liberally with a nylon brush and some TW25B in a stainless steel cup I use.

Then once they have cooled, I'll wipe away most of it and put it all back together. Like I mentioned, one trip to the range I made this year was down to around 10+ degrees and I had my AR10, my wife's M15 in 7.62x39 and the M4 and they all kicked ass without any issues or slugishness at all.

It takes a LOT to get me to try new stuff since I usually stick with what I know works but since I tried this stuff, I've become more and more impressed with it every time out.

Yep. When you first get one, they sound kinda grainy and just don't seem to have it yet. Then suddenly, a couple of hundred rounds in, that's when the music starts. One night you'll be cleaning it or changing your load around or whatever and suddenly you slide the bolt and go, wow... I gotta do that again... And then again. That's when the music begins to play and you realize you have broken in one of the best pieces of shotgunning machinery ever designed and built.

And you realize that the price for such a weapon really wasn't such a tough pill to swallow after all - these things are worth every penny all day long.....

and hat's when you start trying to figure out how you're EVER going to be able to talk your wife into believing you might need a spare...lol