SBE II cycling problem solved

06-530rr

I think anyway. Lol still need to test the theory this weekend. I have a m2 and talked my buddy into getting a brand new SBE II limited edition. My m2 cycles anything, however so I gave found out the SBE II won't cycle anything lighter than a 1 1/8oz load in 2 3/4. So looking at them I have determined the hammer spring is the gremlin. Looking at the parts breakdown and both guns, we are gonna swap hammer springs. I believe the tension on the SBE II is just a tad too much and when the bolt cycles it can't quite compress the spring. If it does work then by simply swapping out the hammer spring for a m2 hammer spring will allow the SBE II to truly be the badass on the benelli lineup.

Hate to bust your bubble but the hammer springs are the same on everything except the 20ga guns. The fact is that the 3 1/2" stroke is longer than the 3" stroke of the M2 and it has a heavier recoil spring to be able to cycle a 3 1/2" shell into the chamber. All you're going to do by lightening the springs is to risk ammo beating up a good "heavy sporting" gun.