GG&G oversize bolt release install video or pics

Racerx211

If your looking at the Bolt Release Pad, its a little tricky. One thing I strongly recommend is getting the proper roll pin punch that has a center pint. It's real easy to scratch your finish if you use the wrong tool. Another thing I remember is you will use a locating pin to pre-align your release pad while driving in the pin. Be careful not to drive the pin in too far, or it will interfere with the Bolt I believe.

Sorry, I just cant remember where I saw the pics or video Just be careful, and take your time.

There used to be a pictorial explanation here on the site but the pics aren't there any more. It's really just a matter of punching out the roll-pin holding the carrier latch in the side of the receiver, pulling out the latch and replacing it with the GGG. After the latch is re-installed, the release button is screwed onto the button that has already been drilled and tapped by GGG. Getting the carrier latch pin back in can be tricky and you need to make sure the carrier latch spring is properly placed as well. The only tools you need are a roll-pin punch and small hammer. It also helps to have a slave pin to hold the latch while re-installing the roll pin.

Thanks guys. This is the last part I want to put on then I should be good for a while. The last couple of weeks I installed my CC Ti tube I waited 10 months for. Then I ordered a Surefire m80, installed that. Then I finally said the heck with it and bought a Benelli C-Stock, Then a geissele hammer. Then I had to have the Crimson Trace vertical grip MVF-515 with green laser and light. FFT charging handle. I am a little nervous about installing the GG&G bolt release pad, I would hate to scratch something after I just put all this money into the gun. Not sure what I should do???

http://forums.benelliusa.com/showthread.php/29534-Benelli-M4-Shell-Stop-Removal-amp-Install

Here is my thread about the install. My bandwidth is blown out for the month though. The photos will be back up in a few days. Sorry. Stupid photobucket has a 10gb monthly limit which I max out every month.

Thanks SD. I did do an extensive search before I posted my thread. I did come across your post but could not open the pics and thought it was something on my end. I have the same issues and problems with exceeding my bandwidth.

Thanks again.

If you follow the link and see the links to the tools required for the job, you'll do okay. It's not that hard to do with the proper tools. There will still be some swearing when aligning the shell stop inside the receiver. Slave pins will make this task much easier. It's mainly about having a set of punches that are long enough to tap the pin out successfully.

I bought a set of punches at Cabelas for like $40 the other day coming back from being out of town. The outside of the box looked like ther were decent but when I got them home and opened them they feel cheap. They are made by Wheeler "hammer and punch set" Don't want to drive back 120 miles to take them back....lol. Can you recommend a place where I can get the right tools for this install?

Thanks again for all your advise, I really appreciate it.

I bought a set of punches at Cabelas for like $40 the other day coming back from being out of town. The outside of the box looked like ther were decent but when I got them home and opened them they feel cheap. They are made by Wheeler "hammer and punch set" Don't want to drive back 120 miles to take them back....lol. Can you recommend a place where I can get the right tools for this install?

Thanks again for all your advise, I really appreciate it.

These hold up well . I used em on the bolt pad I installed & some trigger group work as well. I wasn't very easy on them with the mallet either.

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-USA-Steel-Spring-Punch/dp/B007WADKN0/ref=pd_sim_sg_2/186-6394337-3455506?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BGPFAGRG4EWN86RR8QD

Edited by Pack Rat

Thanks Pack Rat, good to know. Did you use a slave pin on your install? Where did you find them. I have been looking on-line and can't seem to find them.

I got them from a m a z o n but midway & brownells probably have them too. Yeah, I used a small clamp (meant to hold paper work together) to hold the carrier latch in place against the receiver & a straightened paper clip as a slave pin.

What SD said.......painters tape - 2 layers minimum.....protect your gun art.

Proper roll pin punches & roll pin punch holders ("starters").....Brownell's is a good source; Snap-On also has a good set of roll pin punches.

Use my tooth pick trick to guide the roll pin; or fabricate a proper sized one from drill rod stock.

Screenshot2014-02-23at70625PM_zpsc459dbbf.png

Screenshot2014-02-23at70702PM_zpsb9c3451a.png

Edited by benelliwerkes

................ just a quick note to the regular posters....I noticed that if you desire to continue posting more than 2 photos, you know you need to use another post......however, if you just post the photobucket link into the next post, it will not show photo #3; if you put 10 characters THEN paste your photobucket link, the photo will show up.......just sayin'.

Screenshot2014-02-23at70757PM_zpsb05362f0.png

Screenshot2014-02-23at72035PM_zpsf380530d.png

Edited by benelliwerkes