GG&G oversize bolt release install video or pics

Racerx211

When removing roll pins, particularly if one has not used a proper roll pin punch, the ends of the roll pin can be distorted with small sharp edges that snag on the channel during re-insertion; sometimes, even new roll pins have an edge that needs attention before installation. I mentioned the "toothpick" as a guide for the roll pin; it's simple and most can get access to one. It works in this application because the center of the roll pin is only acting as a axle, about which the carrier control latch rotates, so it is not very tight, just the at its ends where it engages the frame holes that retain it. Most often, the roll pin is engaged with the parts it is holding together, along its entire length, this is where a slave roll pin saves the day. For those that would like to make better slave roll pins fairly simple, I will post a few photos illustrating how to do it.

Screenshot2014-02-24at80901AM_zpsb0dbba1d.png

Screenshot2014-02-24at80947AM_zpsf887625c.png

Clever mother.

See I have smashed roll pins ends in a vise to 'taper' them. I have even sanded them on my bench sander.

Didn't think of chucking them to keep the taper concentric and perfect. And making the slave pins is dead simple. That's what kills it. How SIMPLE these little tid bits are, but yet I wouldn't have thought of it myself.

Good stuff.