Thinking of adding one of these,,,,

Painted Man

I use the Briley Door Breacher Compensator on mine with the teeth. Attached it using the improved cylinder choke and love it. I put it on ONCE and it's never left the gun since day one. If that's a muzzle brake, how much does it claim to decrease recoil?? I'm certainly no professional on shotgun brakes but I was under the impression that recoil reduction through a muzzle brake device on a shotgun was marginal at best but of course, I could be wrong.

It should at least look nice though..

I use the Briley Door Breacher Compensator on mine with the teeth. Attached it using the improved cylinder choke and love it. I put it on ONCE and it's never left the gun since day one. If that's a muzzle brake, how much does it claim to decrease recoil?? I'm certainly no professional on shotgun brakes but I was under the impression that recoil reduction through a muzzle brake device on a shotgun was marginal at best but of course, I could be wrong.

It should at least look nice though..

I thought it looks good also!

They say it should reduce the recoil about 15-20% and the barell lift about 30%,,,who knows if it will ,,,I hope it does but like you said,,it ,looks good!

Besides,,I really don't mind the recoil on my M4.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2542[/ATTACH]Briley Door Breacher Compensator and my one round extension cap below. The Briley is nice because it's got a portion along the bottom with no holes so it helps keep the muzzle down and the cap clean...

I like that as well!!!

If it is threaded (M22 x 1 ) you can use the "extended muzzle device" choke tube in your M4:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2540[/ATTACH]

Where can I get or who makes this choke / adapter ?

I assume you screw the bottom threads into the barrel and the bigger upper threads can be used for some type of muzzle device ?

This would be for a newer M2 Tactical. Also are there any 1 piece choke/ muzzle device for the M2 ?

Edited by Waynefi

Where can I get or who makes this choke / adapter ?

I assume you screw the bottom threads into the barrel and the bigger upper threads can be used for some type of muzzle device ?

This would be for a newer M2 Tactical. Also are there any 1 piece choke/ muzzle device for the M2 ?

Benelli S.p.A. and Royal Arms Int'l manufactures the choke tubes. The "Recoil Reducer/compensator/muzzle device" itself is made by Benelli S.p.A. and H&K GmbH, later copied by Royal Arms Int'l, Iron Ridge Arms, and Carrier Comp. Royal Arms Int'l or Briley is your best bet to get a choke tube for your M2

It is very difficult to find an original muzzle device without the pointy spikes.

There is some speculation that the A&W "Diverter" can thread on the same choke tube as the recoil reducer.

Personally I hate the screw choke mounting, I would much rather have the M3 Compensator, cleaner shooting and much stronger.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2552[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2553[/ATTACH]

Benelli S.p.A. and Royal Arms Int'l manufactures the choke tubes. The "Recoil Reducer/compensator/muzzle device" itself is made by Benelli S.p.A. and H&K GmbH, later copied by Royal Arms Int'l, Iron Ridge Arms, and Carrier Comp. Royal Arms Int'l or Briley is your best bet to get a choke tube for your M2

It is very difficult to find an original muzzle device without the pointy spikes.

There is some speculation that the A&W "Diverter" can thread on the same choke tube as the recoil reducer.

Personally I hate the screw choke mounting, I would much rather have the M3 Compensator, cleaner shooting and much stronger.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2552[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2553[/ATTACH]

Thanks, what is the M3 compensator ? Can any of the above items you mentioned be bought on line ?

Edited by Waynefi

Thanks, what is the M3 compensator ?

The M3 Compensator is just the original muzzle brake integrated into clamps. It is not designed for the M4 or M2.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2554[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2555[/ATTACH]

Can any of the above items you mentioned be bought on line?

Royal Arms needs to be approved

Benelli does not offer these freely

Carrier Comp has ceased production currently

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the front lug and sight on the M4, its a lot easier to install a KA-1212 or KA-1212BR on an extended choke tube. We usually use a cylinder choke and do a slight reverse-jug on it for better patterning. Not tooting our own horn here, but there's nothing on the market right now that performs as well as the KA brake/suppressors do. Between the improved patterning, reduced recoil, and near-elimination of muzzle flash, it is probably the most effective upgrade for a shotgun. The ability to shoot faster and further without flash is a helluva advantage for the scattergun