SBEII CHOKES?

MASTERBLASTR

Different bore sizes. .733 for Beretta and .723 for Benelli. DO NOT use SBE II chokes in a Beretta it may cause damage to the gun or shooter but, you can use Beretta Optima Plus chokes in the SBE II. This didn't come from Benelli but from George Trulock of Trulock Chokes. When I first got my new SBE II I called Benelli and asked the same question. The guy and the other end of the phone seemed like he had no clue that the chokes were different in the new SBE II.

If you want answers to your choke questions Trulock is the guy to ask. Great chokes and Great Service. www.trulockchokes.com

[ 06-28-2004, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Camo ]

Anyone on the 'fuge here?

That is indeed the million dollar question, just about everything I have read says .721. I had mine miced today at Briley, .721. They are building me a X2 LM with the same THREADS as the X-gun, but for a smaller bore.

I think the chokes for the Sport II will fit the SBE2 and have the same bore but I haven't had a chance to test them yet.

another guy in another forum claims that they are not interchangable if what CAMO talks about then the patterns from BENDDG are not real.

are not real for the constriction specified in the choke. as a modified beretta tube would pattern as a cylinder crio tube....in the SBEII.

more or less.

thanks

joe

I patterned the SBE II with a terror .655. The pattern was better (tighter) than any other gun I have seen patterned without barrel work. This gun from that pattern needs no barrel work. My last SBE was terrible until I sent it off for work.

Drundel;

did you by any chance have one of your chokes for the SBE II miced. I don't what to start anything on this forum but Jeff at SRM says the chokes will interchange. His likened it to a funnel both chokes from SBE II and the Xtrema would interchange. that makes me wonder what the bore of the choke at the barrel end of the SBE II choke is??

Drundel;

Don't think you got what I was saying. I was asking about the same question as your thread about where the choke tube fits the barrel. The way SRM described things there maybe a notch or gap. Like I said he likened it to a funnel.

• 2 weeks later...

Benelli sez the bore dia. for the SBE2 & M2 are the same @ 0.724 +/- 0.004 in. The chokes for the M2 are interchangeable with the SBE2 . They both use the Optima choke vs the Mobil choke for the SBE/M1. The avg. dia. of the constriction type choke tubes supplied by Benelli for the SBE2/M2 are : Cylinder=0.730...Imp Cylinder=0.714...Modified=0.702...Imp Modified=0.694...Full...0.686.