M3 Muzzle brake

Vertigofirearms

Well finally got my Muzzle Brake today, I think it looks cool (the mall ninja inside of me is very happy :D).

I was not able to get it on my Supernova or M1, but I will definately make some more for my M1014, M2, and 1301.

Fitment is great and I know it won't go anywhere with the recoil. I can even reverse it, whereas the Benelli one may not.

Now to make some new sights and some M4 Collapsible Stocks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2581[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2582[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2583[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2584[/ATTACH]

I am having these made, I do plan to get a multi-axis Lathe to do the Machining myself (that won't be until a few years:()

I don't think I will sell these as the costs to make is more than what I think is a reasonable price for a brake. (its still better than spending $800+ to import one, which is what got me to redesign it myself)

Since you want one for your M4, What about the screw-in-choke types?

When you said you wanted to make one for the M1014 I assumed you were planning on making the threaded chokes as well.

I own a Royal Arms Brake and I love it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2585[/ATTACH]

I have always been interested in a muzzle device without the "teeth"....but I purchased what I could find.

I imagine a threaded choke will be less expensive to fabricate. Additionally I think it is very impressive that you had that clamp style made.

Hats of to you sir.

Edit: I would love to see a video of the brake in action!

Have you test fired it?

Not yet, I will need to get it hard anodized and treated before I do so.

I have always been interested in a muzzle device without the "teeth"....but I purchased what I could find.

I imagine a threaded choke will be less expensive to fabricate. Additionally I think it is very impressive that you had that clamp style made.

Hats of to you sir.

Edit: I would love to see a video of the brake in action!

Yeah, I am not a fan of the teeth, I almost forgot you had one incarnation of the choke!

Machining the clamp area was difficult according to my machinist. Too much vibration and too far out of the holder. This is why it is so expensive.

The clamp style was made because it is for Benelli Barrels without the choke tubes. The M4 won't really benefit from this design, But the M1, M2, and M3 will as I have provisions in place to integrate raised ghost rings on the "rifle-sights barrels of those guns using the thread holes from my brake.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2586[/ATTACH]

This one is made out of aluminium.... because the Benelli and H&K muzzle brakes I have are also made out of Aluminium And I never had issues with deforming. I might make some steel ones that actually have constriction to them.

Hi guys,

I can see that the brake has the holes all around the muzzle device. What about leaving the bottom part of the brake solid/without the holes, like it's solved in AR15 comps. Will it reduce muzzle flip? Thanks.

/Tom

Edited by Tom-Gun

Let me know when you make a bayonet adapter that will fit an U.S. Army model 1917 shotgun bayonet (17 inch blade - VietNam era). I have a H+K S90 M1 in Defense Configuration. That's the all black model with no screw in chokes. 7+1+1. Pistol grip with rifle sights.

Hi guys,

I can see that the brake has the holes all around the muzzle device. What about leaving the bottom part of the brake solid/without the holes, like it's solved in AR15 comps. Will it reduce muzzle flip? Thanks.

/Tom

I am not an expert at AR-15s (never even shot one!); but I do know Shotgun muzzle brakes face the same issues as M1911 muzzle brakes, not enough velocity to be effective. I am not recoil-sensitive, but I do not notice a significant reduction of recoil unless I am using my "Steel recoil reducer".

With no ports on the bottom, you may notice a minimal reduction in muzzle flip.

Let me know when you make a bayonet adapter that will fit an U.S. Army model 1917 shotgun bayonet (17 inch blade - VietNam era). I have a H+K S90 M1 in Defense Configuration. That's the all black model with no screw in chokes. 7+1+1. Pistol grip with rifle sights.

655f26dd-0882-497b-8f66-e641e1ca3876_zps47209336.png?t=1397777744

I actually am working on one, basing it off of the retro "870 MK1 and MK2". My clone will be for an ordinary 870 Police, but I may also design one for the M1, HK-512, and M121. Have you considered the S&J hardware bayonet mount for shotguns?